Happy new year everyone! Here’s the first blog post of 2017!
Pixel has added new permanent drones that are made to mine astroids. You deploy them in the orbit of an astroid belt and the drone will shoot a mining pulse which will sit in place until an astroid collides into it. The astroid will then explode allowing your bots to scoop the debris. This will make mining bots more efficient at mining rock belts.
These drones can be found in the Capella galaxy. The permanent versions can be made from blueprints and the temporary drones can be directly purchased from Assayer’s Refinery.
Click here for more information (spoilers).
I’ve changed the targetting code from bases and drones. Bases will now prioritize other bases in healing and damage and drones will now prioritize ships and other drones in healing in damage. You will no longer be able to be RTS bases.
Hober has been very busy these past few days! Here’s what hes done over the holidays:
- Mythos Scanner’s resistance to damage changed from 5% to 3%, electrical tempering has been changed from -5% to -3%.
- Addressed some issues with the Strontium Cannon, it had massive amounts of particle effects before and I’ve adjusted it to not be that way now.
- Unlocked the class overloaders, in some cases made them a bit more distinct in their intended function.
- Added a Mastodon Fighter Bay as an item, it’s ship bound and sticky (just needs to be added to the Mastadon hull). It has 10 Slots, and gives fighters 10k bonus shield bank for 5 seconds after being launched from it.
- Increased the rate of fire of the Talon line of weapons so that their up front damage isn’t as high.
Jey has been busy over the holidays but has gotten some sercurity updates done! Should be back tomorrow to get back to work.Discuss in the Forum