Christmas is here, or near enough, with our Christmas event kicking off this Saturday. Astro-Ginch better watch out, as those pesky terrans will seek him out for his tweak generator and other goodies.
Christmas will run from the 10th December for a bit over three weeks, extended from what we said in the weekly blog to avoid ending on New Year’s Eve. The Christmas event will now end on the 2nd of January in the new year.
The event this year will feature the normal festivities, including the return of Astro-Santa, spreading his jolly cheer and giving all the (nice, and definitely not naughty) citizens of the universe their presents. Rumor has it that the Gingerbreads have formed an empire and are lurking in the depths of space.
Missions and related content can be found from the Lapland system, which’ll appear from a new wormhole in Sol when the event starts.
Astro-Santa Letter Competition
This years competition will take a bit of a change from previous years, it’ll run as normal but the letters submitted will appear in next year’s Christmas event. This year’s event will feature all the letters we’ve ever had, going back around the last 8 years. In addition, all the letters will use the egg carton system, grouped by year, to save you from some tedious clicking.
Standard rules for the competition apply:
- You are allowed to make multiple submissions.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday 23rd December, 00:00 EST (05:00 GMT). Submissions after this date will be ignored.
- Submissions to be posted in the topic for this post.
- If you want your letter to be counted as from your player name instead of your account name, include it.
- Ideally, put your letter in a [quote][/quote] block and leave other comments outside to make it clear what you want in your letter.
- Submissions may be excluded for reasons we see fit (such as plagiarism).
Once the deadline has elapsed, a maximum of five winners will be chosen, which’ll have their letters created for the following year. They’ll also recieve a unique permanent holoprojector, Frozen Snowflakes, and various Christmas items.
Discuss in the Forum