Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Post Re: New BvB rules on test and incoming to live
Losing the galaxy itself along with it's commods and colonies is loss enough.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Keep the Money
Level: 1874

Chaosking3 wrote:
Losing the galaxy itself along with it's commods and colonies is loss enough.

Rubbish.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:57 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Kindly stop talking before you look stupid. If a gal has a source or multiple sources of a t3 commod like say DM then that is around 600-1.2b a day in extraction, per extractor. Colonies can easily roll 400m a day. Oh no, I used 4 Ada kits and some Achi augs to take this galaxy, boo hoo, I'll make up the losses in a week.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Chaosking3 wrote:
Kindly stop talking before you look stupid. If a gal has a source or multiple sources of a t3 commod like say DM then that is around 600-1.2b a day in extraction, per extractor. Colonies can easily roll 400m a day. Oh no, I used 4 Ada kits and some Achi augs to take this galaxy, boo hoo, I'll make up the losses in a week.

You crudely assume that the only reason anyone would ever want to take a galaxy is if it is of economical benefit to the attacker. In this you are grossly mistaken.

You also falsely assume that every galaxy has T3 commods in it, which, frankly is a joke as most galaxies do not have T3 commods and in fact, a large majority have no T2 commods either.

In short, all your delusional preconceptions about BvB/PvB and most likely PvP as well have been formed from Psionic Corps, rather laughable conflict with Progress, which as Sodomy has explained, was a purely economical conflict.

Attacking a galaxy is not as simple as "lay ada kits" maybe that was the case in PC Vs Pg but in most wars it is much much more than that. Co-ordinating people just to be on at the same time is difficult enough, then theres warping into a galaxy with 30 people and trying to figure out who's got aggro in the possible 5-10 seconds it takes a base to kill them. Once that's done and your sure your 30 man squad isn't just going to be killed off one by one, there remains the problem of getting the kits your deploying out and deployed or if PvB spending hours to break the ablatives of a single base out of the 25 in the galaxy.

When a single T14 4xAmbro recovery base can last 2~ hours against a Bana kit and a 10 man PvB squad, there is something wrong.

Not enough is lost with the death of a base, certainly not enough to justify the time lost as well as risks of the attackers.

I'd also like to point out that this foolish spawn of PC only related it to a loss of Income. A loss of potential profit, has never and will never equaled a loss of assets already in your possession.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:15 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Well Mr. kleineman, whoever he/she is, knows what hes talking about.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm
Main: xDrag0nx
Level: 5259

trevor54 wrote:
Well Mr. kleineman, whoever you are, knows what hes talking about.

Agreed, He knows what he is talking about who ever he is... Lets see if admins will take the information in that they are getting and put it too good use.

Drag0n

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

So I guess if the attackers can't take the slots, then the defenders could keep redeploying bases if they were so inclined, but I think that even with that in mind, the new BvB system is still more advantageous to the attackers than what we have currently, so we should still go ahead with it. I'm worried about this getting patched and then half the bases in the universe getting destroyed within a couple of days, so I actually like the fact that active defenders should be able to defend well.

I would propose that we patch it in as it is currently on test and give it a week or two and then decide if we want to put restrictions on placing new bases or repairing bases in a galaxy under siege.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2865

JeffL wrote:
So I guess if the attackers can't take the slots, then the defenders could keep redeploying bases if they were so inclined, but I think that even with that in mind, the new BvB system is still more advantageous to the attackers than what we have currently, so we should still go ahead with it. I'm worried about this getting patched and then half the bases in the universe getting destroyed within a couple of days, so I actually like the fact that active defenders should be able to defend well.

I would propose that we patch it in as it is currently on test and give it a week or two and then decide if we want to put restrictions on placing new bases or repairing bases in a galaxy under siege.

Sounds good Jeff.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 pm

JeffL wrote:

I think that's acceptable with the condition that BvB during the week was observed. TW Vs. LC will probably be the most notable example of BvB mixed with PvB at the top end.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6552

kleineman wrote:
JeffL wrote:

I think that's acceptable with the condition that BvB during the week was observed. TW Vs. LC will probably be the most notable example of BvB mixed with PvB at the top end.

hey if they kill eachother and stop agroing gals as a result im all for it. :P

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

Just to clarify...

Event chat tells me new bvb rules are coming in in 1day, 4 hours?

That means these rules right? In the form they are here?

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

yes.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Secrets of the Project
Main: Galaktyczny Harnas
Level: 1301

What are some of the other updates on this BvB Patch, where can I get a Full list of updates on this patch?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Gornictwo Przemysly Inc. wrote:
What are some of the other updates on this BvB Patch, where can I get a Full list of updates on this patch?

Patch notes are often released at the time the patch is implemented.

If it isn't make a post in misc. about it and an admin usually sorts it out. Like Voomy did last time.

Thanks for the speedy response Voom.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:41 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: ManoDrizzle
Level: 1775

I Love you Jeff L.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7