Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Post Re: Patch notes
There are times when Jiji/Rop is very good for PvAI

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

The Voomy One wrote:
There are times when Jiji/Rop is very good for PvAI

Yeah. Spawn control in Bana.
Moving on.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

On another note, that Sweeney Todd copyright infringement or whatever, do we seriously have to wait til halloween? Fix jiji to what it was til then, myself and others need to pvp for reset

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:59 am
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
n a game where burst damage is EVERYTHING, losing 100 straight up DPS is a huge kick to the balls, regardless of how it is compensated

also, the change to RoPs, same problem

Only for PvP. For PvAI it's actually been beefed.

>implying people go to the effort of getting jijis for PvAI setups...
>implying that when doing spawn control in bana, the AI stay alive long enough for damage over time to have ANY effect.. its one second of firing, then they die, and for the AI that DONT die extremely fast, DWOs are better

also, this
Demiser of D wrote:
The problem is, nobody ever uses beam weapons for pvai, because pvai can be hit with higher DPS pulse weapons.

Nobody will ever use a jiji for pvai :wink:

and yes, jijis/RoPs are good in a select few PvAI situations, including fighting reavers... in almost all other situations, its better to use your brain, and a higher DPS weapon, use the AI behaviour against it, and jiji/RoP become pointless outside of PvP (where its much harder to use your enemy's behaviour against them, because they arent AI)

it makes about as much sense as putting a 52inch flatscreen underneath your car, it is something which will be useful in VERY FEW situations, and inhibits the original purpose (which in the case of the car, is to drive around, which you cant do without major risk of destroying the expensive screen you mounted under your car, and in the case of the jiji, is to do BURST DAMAGE, which is alot less effective when you lose 100DPS and gain it back through damage over time (which is pointless in fights, where the enemy can run away and only return once their shields are full)

tl;dr - SS combat mechanics mean damage over time weapons are almost completely fucking useless for PvP, the jiji is a PvP weapon, and this damage over time change has completely fucked it over, and we both know the players will overwhelmingly want it changed back, so delaying the changeback is just frustrating players and spoiling their game experience (it sucks ass when your shit gets nerfed, and you have to find alternatives)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Maybe we should do some faster burning type fires for heat type lasers, that take maybe only 5-10 seconds. Then we get the spirit of heat=dot, but still essentially burst damage.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2865

JeffL wrote:
Maybe we should do some faster burning type fires for heat type lasers, that take maybe only 5-10 seconds. Then we get the spirit of heat=dot, but still essentially burst damage.

Thats a better idea jeff, can you also comment or look at changing the stats of jiji/rop relative to each other, rop is just to much better for being minuscule in size.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:32 pm

RIT_Wolf wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Thats a better idea jeff, can you also comment or look at changing the stats of jiji/rop relative to each other, rop is just to much better for being minuscule in size.

Or just give jiji and RoP back the old stats.

Fly fast kill hard

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

i dont get what prompted you guys to make all heat beams have fires...

no one complained about it, no one wanted it, it just happened?

also, since heat is just concentrated light, why doesnt laser (concentrated light) have fires as well?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:45 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6561

Katherine wrote:
also, since heat is just concentrated light, why doesnt laser (concentrated light) have fires as well?

answered yourself right there. If you concentrate light on say, an anthill through a magnifying glass you get fire. albiet small.

you would get the same physical effect in the real world if you hit something with a laser.. the bleed off of heat would cause a fire.

I suppose its a logical step to take since they put fires on heat weapons.. but it is weird having to pump a target full of fires to get the old effect of the weapon back. :|

as if lasers didn't have trouble enough dealing any damage to a target with diffusers. :x

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:57 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

what she is saying is if you nerfed the heat laser for no reason other than "omfg cool we can make lasers have parasites" then you should do the same to Laser type weapons?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

I'm still wondering what changes, if any, are being made about FT items.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Mouse
Level: 4442

I'd like to know what admins are planning to do with Juxs now they have been made useless. What was their intended use as that's what they have been changed to. I'm guessing their intended use was to sit in peoples storage ships?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Juxes have been made so that the bullets have to come from two different people in order to interact, and rebalanced so that they do significantly more damage than normal weapons but not too much so. I think it was around the 2x neighborhood. They are hard to use well, but if you can use them correctly, you should be able to do more damage with them than with other weapons.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Mouse
Level: 4442

Although I'm just moaning for other people I just think if the dam cap is to low then the dps from two people with a Jux may not be as much as a if the two people are using let's say stygain fists. Maybe you should of left the dam cap how it was and made it so it has to be used by two people. Don't wanna see a wep that was hardly used made completly extinct.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:02 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

I think the Juxes are well balanced now. It might take a bit of experimenting for people to get back into using them, but at least they aren't broken.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next