Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3254

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Jeff - Engine rebalance
Did I say PRC? No, I said RC. To the best of my knowledge, PRC wont be even getting a stat hit.

@Jeff the nerf to the rcharge fucking stinks. Return it to it's original stats, the reason it was 2-3x better is because it was used on FREIGHTERS, not Capships, HFs, or LFs. FREIGHTERS are much, much heavier, their engines (that are locked to the freighter hull) should be 2-3x better than normal engines.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

I believe hooch said the plantpower is better than an IID, both same size.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:04 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4338

Yes I did say that on test... and yes it is true.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

What...the....fuck.

Jeff. Engine visibilities. Are you INSANE? 909 visibility on a unholy lion thruster? This is going to effect ONE CLASS. Any guesses what class that is!?

Before, i thought it was benign neglect, but now i can see you're deliberately screwing me. You're just PISSING on snipers without even the courtesy of calling it rain!.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Plant Power is a tech level higher and is lighter, but yeah, IID should be better. I'll bump up it's size and weight a little bit.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, also, the moral emphasis engines suck really badly. 6000 thrust, they're visible, they're somewhat large.

Teh giga one is 500 size. and the stats are almost exactly the same.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4338

I thought the idea was that built items were to be better than common loot items, hence my beef with the Merc ramjet and IID being worse that a Lion Thruster.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:21 pm
Profile YIM

There is a massive problem with the rcharge, every engineer is now focked. The PRCs appear to be unchanged, so they do not count.

Oh and also, with this engine beef, sds can now escape any tractor. Thank you jeff, THANK YOU.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:23 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Lol I think people are forgetting some things that can aid them with turning and thrust (mainly Shmonks and DMs are forgetting from the constant crying on test)

There are 3 bar skills that whn maxed give a rather noticeable bonus to agility, -weight and thrust, 5 levels of each at 3% per level is 15%...

So what if you have to spend some more cash, spend extra SP's, just level more, stop complaining and get on with it.

You all know that SS is a work in progress and development doesnt stop...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Few points.
[*]Emp Prop. Love the boosts for pumping the vis, hacks into Stealth SD's ankles.
[*]RCharge. Clae said it all. Who cares how agile Shms are, Engis use heavy gear...
[*]ULT. I dont use it on a Sniper, but this does hurt my Zerk, as I use a cloak and can pull off being hidden alot when I only use a bit of Thrusting....
Response to Clae:
[*]So what if SDs can break it, anyone with sense has a PWI or Gravis....Besides, you rather a Stealth SD Nerf or being able to hold us for 2-3 secs before we pop something and escape?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Lion Thruster is now 150 size and 600k weight while Mercurian Ramjet is 82 size and 328k weight. Their total power is similar to each other, but they have different turning/thrust ratios, giving the lion better turning and the merc better thrust.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 pm
Profile WWW

Turning is a much more important stat than thrust. I personally would be perfectly happy to accelerate at about half my current acceleration as long as i can turn faster than a sack of potatoes in space.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Last edited by Demiser of D on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 pm

andezrhode2a wrote:
Few points.
[*]Emp Prop. Love the boosts for pumping the vis, hacks into Stealth SD's ankles.
[*]RCharge. Clae said it all. Who cares how agile Shms are, Engis use heavy gear...
[*]ULT. I dont use it on a Sniper, but this does hurt my Zerk, as I use a cloak and can pull off being hidden alot when I only use a bit of Thrusting....
Response to Clae:
[*]So what if SDs can break it, anyone with sense has a PWI or Gravis....Besides, you rather a Stealth SD Nerf or being able to hold us for 2-3 secs before we pop something and escape?

Mmm, stealth sd nerf om nom nom. But both prom and I are correct, SHMs dont use drones, drones are heavy, and thus increase the weight of your ship. Thus; SHMs do not count in regards to the RCharge nerf.

Jeff, you have destroyed engineers enough, it is time to get out of that arena of thinking. If you have to, focus all your attention on buffing the class up to the current par of all other classes. Heres a push in the right direction:

A. Drone Gear Glue, has been asked for since the start of star sonata.
B. RCharge not only returned to original stats, but beefed by adding a -weight or +thrust/turning % stat to it.
C. Drone Souls
D. Ability to have all drones shoot a specific target, and not switch at random.

And dont give us any of this "C2" Bullshit, it's been done to death. WE NEED CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, NOW!

Also Jeff, stop dodging the rhino charge problem by only responding to other engines. You Messed Up.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:38 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Demiser of D wrote:
Turning is a much more important stat than thrust. I personally would be perfectly happy to accelerate at about half my current acceleration as long as i can turn faster than a sack of potatoes in space.

Jeff, please design a 0 Thrust and 100k Turning engine for dear Cyggie here.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 pm

mmh. I think the rhino charge problem can be easily solved by the players...build yourself a better engine. Rhino charges are really quite common, you shouldn't be able to get such an excellent engine for 500m.

and a 0 thust and 100k turning engine isn't what i mean, either.

People want a certain amount of turning based on their class. If they're in a LF, they want to be able to turn a bit faster; If they're in a freighter they only need to turn a bit slower than that. but they want to be able to turn at a certain speed, and are often willing to trade thrust for that turning.

It really sucks to turn slowly, for purely psychological effects.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next