Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Kalch...I already represent those players. Dont build bases nor buy credits, still do endgame content. And I keep up with RL fine while doing that.

Agreed. The only reasons I have bases are to build and extract gear for my characters -- I make all of my money off DG drops.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:29 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Q: #1: From Razgriz: Hey jeff think maybe you could add a Base control ability? like as in the owner takes the wheel and choses targets and cycles through the weapons and Fires when THEY feel like firing. PLZ that'd SOOOO PWN and it'd make alot of ppl enjoy SS a little more. in my opinino i would spend the rest of my life playing if i coulduse a base as a ship in a glaxy....... which brings mw to question # 2

Q: #2: From Razgriz: could you maybe add a super doper base engine? like maybe Adonis/Argonaught/Ambro.....ect..... that can only be equipped to a base of THAT tech??

Q: #3: From Razgriz: could you also add the ability to maybe make a base deploying/re scooping ship?? like maybe a MASSIVE Thatch that uses an engine, but heres the thing you need hull = to what the gear thats on the base is = too......ie. adonis: Mag=3k, pulse=1.6k i think, Shield and energy= 1.3k each, shield trans is 1.3k, and the radar = 1.3k, so that would = 8.8kk hull neeeded + the extensions and other things that are on the base........and you can redeploy these base like in Special DG's that require a shitload of DPS and tanking....... that'd PWN

Q: #4: From Razgriz: would it be possible to make roaming bases that ethier roam a galaxy randomly or patrol a set course, and also use the Buildable command station that allows you to control the base, to fly it around and warp or not warp...... but that'd take bases to a WHOLE new level.

and that concludes these questions for now.... thanks

Yes (in client2), no, no, & no. Bases are too powerful to roam about and be redeployed so easily.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

YourMother wrote:
Q: #1: From Razgriz: Hey jeff think maybe you could add a Base control ability? like as in the owner takes the wheel and choses targets and cycles through the weapons and Fires when THEY feel like firing. PLZ that'd SOOOO PWN and it'd make alot of ppl enjoy SS a little more. in my opinino i would spend the rest of my life playing if i coulduse a base as a ship in a glaxy....... which brings mw to question # 2

Q: #2: From Razgriz: could you maybe add a super doper base engine? like maybe Adonis/Argonaught/Ambro.....ect..... that can only be equipped to a base of THAT tech??

Q: #3: From Razgriz: could you also add the ability to maybe make a base deploying/re scooping ship?? like maybe a MASSIVE Thatch that uses an engine, but heres the thing you need hull = to what the gear thats on the base is = too......ie. adonis: Mag=3k, pulse=1.6k i think, Shield and energy= 1.3k each, shield trans is 1.3k, and the radar = 1.3k, so that would = 8.8kk hull neeeded + the extensions and other things that are on the base........and you can redeploy these base like in Special DG's that require a shitload of DPS and tanking....... that'd PWN

Q: #4: From Razgriz: would it be possible to make roaming bases that ethier roam a galaxy randomly or patrol a set course, and also use the Buildable command station that allows you to control the base, to fly it around and warp or not warp...... but that'd take bases to a WHOLE new level.

and that concludes these questions for now.... thanks

Yes (in client2), no, no, & no. Bases are too powerful to roam about and be redeployed so easily.

Sooooo, what exactly is the point of the anni engine, Jeff?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:34 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Question 1:
Is players that don't like to build bases nor buy credits for cash excluded from the end game content?

That's a tough question. Clearly if you don't build bases, you will have to work closely with *someone* who does in order to build the high end ships, the high end augs, the high end weapons, etc. There is so much that gets built in this game.

I have always felt that there can be a strong harmony between players who mostly build and players who mostly fight. The players who mostly fight can sell their loot to the players who mostly build for the cash the the builders generate. Of course, the hard core players who spend large amounts of time doing both will have an advantage over the non hard-core players, but it's like that in every game. You can't say in essence, "I refuse to be a hard-core player but expect the same set-up, money, and rewards as the hard-core players." I would say find other players who are less hard-core as yourself and sell them augs and loot if possible. I'm sure other players would have advice on this subject as well.
[/quote]

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Question #2: Do you have any plans for the future, near or distant, to add Solarian weapon BPs to any drop tables/missions??

I don't even know what that is, sorry.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cru!se
Level: 4217

candyboy Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1:
Is players that don't like to build bases nor buy credits for cash exluded from the end game content?

Question 2:
If no at question 1, how can players that's not building bases nor buying credits for cash keep up with the builders, and at the same time find moments for a crap, meals, work/school and family?

Q1 - No

Q2 - Quite easily, it doesn't take all that much time tbh (a little luck maybe), but just do what every1 else does, "Blame Pants!"

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Jeff, why is there a BP for a base-only engine, the annihilator thrustor, if bases will never be able to move? If it is the lyceum gaurd engine, ok, but why make a BP for it?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:44 pm
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Jeff, why is there a BP for a base-only engine, the annihilator thrustor, if bases will never be able to move? If it is the lyceum gaurd engine, ok, but why make a BP for it?

It shouldn't be base-only if it is. As Code said: [The Annihilator Thruster is meant to be used to transport high-weight tech 20 station gear].

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

ok please revisit the drop rate.... I have done numerous DF 250 and lower DG's and as in previous post I got nothing substantial to show for it. I had a MF pick boss drop a doomed thruster and another only dropped some cash and an Ace Pest. Drone aug token??? whats that??? I have been searching for them and have to find one. Not sure how the drop tables work. Is it based on the percentage of that particular dg or is it individual player based depending on the number of dg's they have done? Also what about DG tokens? I thought there was supposed to be general token drops depending on the number of DG you have done then you could trade them in for gear that you want or need instead of getting your 150th surgical dampner+ bp.

I build bases, make gear on them, have shops and colonies, do dg's go on uber runs but I am not seeing the return for the time and effort I am spending doing these things. If it is frustrating to me I can see how it would be a major detractor for lower level people just starting out. Who cares if more things drop. People like things, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy and makes it fun. Put more FUN into it. Everything is so tedious to accomplish.

So...

1. How are the drop tables set up?
2. Can you please up the drop rate?
3. General DG tokens to exchange for gear?
4. Can you add a sprinkle or two of fun?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 pm
Main: Cru!se
Level: 4217

Silver.... Platter.... oh whoops that doesn't exist, sorry to burst bubbles and all, but yeah maybe the drops rates do suck a little, no MMORPG has drop rates where u get some oh so wicked item every time, also most MMORPGS don't have DG's that take 20 mins to do and allow u to sit in the DG while it respawns without the need to fight your way back thru to it to get the boss again.

Tables could be looked @ a little maybe, and balanced out a fraction but otherwise I really don't see the ultimate problem since it's so easy to camp them for the drops.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:29 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

about the whole hardcore thing, yeah its true.....

I dont make any abses or have ANY alts, but I still enoy the game and can compete with people at my level. THe more time you spend on Star Sonata, the better you are. Plain and simple

and solarin gear has never been introduiced by the admins, its a player conspiracy lol :D

one ore question: Jeff, what do you think of us as individuals

theres so little of us that make a unique community.

Everyone knows who I am, Everyone knwos who Helro is, Bizman, Junkie etc etc (well the high end). what do you think?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

I am adding new stuff to the DG drops all the time and will add more when I get to it. When we get a chance to revamp DG's a little so you can't camp them so easily, we may increase the drop rates of things, it's possible.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

Silver.... Platter.... oh whoops that doesn't exist, sorry to burst bubbles and all, but yeah maybe the drops rates do suck a little, no MMORPG has drop rates where u get some oh so wicked item every time, also most MMORPGS don't have DG's that take 20 mins to do and allow u to sit in the DG while it respawns without the need to fight your way back thru to it to get the boss again.

Tables could be looked @ a little maybe, and balanced out a fraction but otherwise I really don't see the ultimate problem since it's so easy to camp them for the drops.

I use prom at an ungodly rate very few places to replenish in warp 3 and I carry a mining weapon and mobile nuc looking for ferium which is rare. by the time I get to a DG fight my way to the bottom, I am usually at half. Prom decays slower when it gets low.... so I am told... so I kill the boss log out do some stuff on another character waiting for respawn. Log back on and BAM 10 prom decay I kill the boss and guards again and now I have to leave either running right out or fighting my way out depending on what AI are in the level trying to keep me there so I can get back to refuel before i run out of prom....

My SD uses OI with excomm so can stay in as long as his belly dosent get so full of frankly what I consider worthless drops. Yes I keep them cuz it all sells now which is good. I Dont expect an uber drop every DG but throw me a scrap once in awhile please.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

candyboy wrote:
Question 1:
Is players that don't like to build bases nor buy credits for cash excluded from the end game content?

That's a tough question. Clearly if you don't build bases, you will have to work closely with *someone* who does in order to build the high end ships, the high end augs, the high end weapons, etc. There is so much that gets built in this game.

I have always felt that there can be a strong harmony between players who mostly build and players who mostly fight. The players who mostly fight can sell their loot to the players who mostly build for the cash the the builders generate. Of course, the hard core players who spend large amounts of time doing both will have an advantage over the non hard-core players, but it's like that in every game. You can't say in essence, "I refuse to be a hard-core player but expect the same set-up, money, and rewards as the hard-core players." I would say find other players who are less hard-core as yourself and sell them augs and loot if possible. I'm sure other players would have advice on this subject as well.
[/quote]

Bullshit...

Most people who have bases DG, infact almost EVERYONE who has bases DG.

There is no difference really, and why are you catering to people who camp? Why not the average joe guy who has 3-4 hours a day MAX to play SS? :roll:

I dont have time to camp.

Why not make places like warp 3 mining places?

So if i mine out there i have a high chance of scooping Diamonds, Crystals, Gold, Copper, Silver, Titanium.

All commods that are worth 100,000k a piece when sold to AI base, or more.

So could you please make Mining out in the farthest reachs of the galaxy viable? It would also increase Piracy.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next