Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4043

I have 3 logistics characters supporting one fighter character.

Since you can only play one character at a time why do the logistics characters need more fighting skills???

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I would also like to add that even though a global aug reset will be bad for the economy it should be done. Many people will want to change to another skill and they will need their augs for their new ships. Since the combo aug mission still isnt repeatable we need the unequipped so we can aug our new ships as good as possible.
It will only be bad for the economy temporarly anyways.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:17 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Sorry but I must ask this WHY???

I have 3 logistics characters supporting one fighter character.

Since you can only play one character at a time why do the logistics characters need more fighting skills???

I see what you mean... I am monkey for team based gameplay, rad exp for solo fun (yes I must be weird, I have fun with slaves :P), but I cant see what I could do with other non logistic guys...

The main improvment will be for rad exp "commod movers", which will be MFM so get a beef in commod moving capability.

Also, all base builders can become slave master which would help the transport part of galaxy managment.

Are there seer base weapons btw ?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:34 pm

I would also like to add that even though a global aug reset will be bad for the economy it should be done. Many people will want to change to another skill and they will need their augs for their new ships. Since the combo aug mission still isnt repeatable we need the unequipped so we can aug our new ships as good as possible.
It will only be bad for the economy temporarly anyways.

Here I agree... It would be a one time opportunity to adapt to the changes that are occuring, people would be able to fully enjoy the incoming of the new skills.

Also, the Great Augmenter Reset occured about 15 months ago.... There has been so many changes in game since then (say, the major change in shield monkey expertise, the healing aggro, the app wand removal, the MSP nerf... The situation is very different than it used to be when most app ward were built)

Allowing people to unaug once might yes alter the economy for a short time, but all those one time mission and ships (a "rare" ressource) should have the opportunity to be used again.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

i have a question. what will hapin to the 2% bones to drones that is on the sm skill? cas that will case dms lose like half of thar power :(

That 2% will either go to Juice Junky or be moved over to DM. DM won't be hurt by the new changes.

Quote:
No offense, but, I've done some calculations.
A RadX/Slave M/MFM NCC with RadX16 Slave 16 MFM 20 and 3 basic caps will have...
5k hull, 70 speed.

I mean, WOW, for a tech 5 ship that's surely overpowered imo. Not that I mind, pump teh colonies, but still. Won't that need a lil tweaking?[/quote]

The MFM bonuses will only go to trading slaves and the Slave Master bonuses will only go to fighting slaves. These will probably be differentiated by making two types of control bots.

Quote:
What Im interested in knowing is what changes has been done to the core combat classes? Mainly SD and sniper. Are these skills better balanced now?

They will probably be almost exactly the same.[/quote]

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

They will probably be almost exactly the same

To me that nullifies the whole idea about a skill revamp. The unbalance between all the combat skills will remain and no improvement will be made. Which means that sniper is meant to be superior to all the other combat skills.

Oh well, guess I'll just switch to sniper then.....With a DS I'll be fast enough anyway.

After this change SD probably wont be used that much as a main combat class, it will be more used on alts together with station mastery, EE and CA to make fast base builders.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:10 pm
Team: Surrender the Booty
Main: Tyler-Durden
Level: 2017

After doing some maths even with all the base bonuses proposed bases will be considerably weaker on all stats apart from shield bank due to the fact your halving the bonus by splitting the skills, if this is the way its gonna be you need to seriously look at changing the basebonus % from 2 to 4 on all three skills SM, CA & EE otherwise its a massive step in the wrong direction on base strength and people are worried enough about saftey of bases outside of the big teams with the whole lvl limits thing

apart from that big worry it all looks groovy, new skills fun fun fun - although as mentioned in several places above there are gonna be some defunct augs and alot of people with there various Station Master alts are gonna want to do full resets

what will happen to say a StM 20 , CA 20 alt what this happens - he just loses one of the skills? which one and will he get the SP back or does he loose both and havce to retrain one or the other - managing the change over is gonna be tough to get right,

good luck guys :)

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7839

Funny how Jeff failed to list seer among the fighting classes. Something tells me it wasn't unintentional...

I have reasons for why I do things.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 pm
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Quote:
and one guy to be Station Master to protect

why, when an extra ee can just as well protect?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm

After this change SD probably wont be used that much as a main combat class, it will be more used on alts together with station mastery, EE and CA to make fast base builders.

Hmmm I fail to see why ? THere will probably be SD base builders, but imo merchant will be widely chosen too... And as far as combat is concerned, today's SDs are combat character, there is no extra reason to change to sniper ? You hoped the revamp would narrow the gap (I can understand that), but it is not widened either. People who were happy as SD wont have more special reason to switch to sniper than today ?

On another topic, I think have concerns about commander VS old style rad exp... I think a (huge because of the 50% slots) swarm of small slaves with small energybanks (like enforcers with OI), and specific augs (like damage, no ROF, and just enough elec) will be a much more efficient way to slave than Rad Exp, because of the ROF bug.

As you said Jeff, it would be the swarm skill VS the mighty 2 or 3 rad exp high tech slaves. I am still convinced my "big" wardens lack their ROF bonus (from aug and skill) which is cripling me. I think in the current situation it will be much more easy to aug a swarm efficiently than tech 16 slaves (both ares and exc comb's DPS come from the ROF, and for tech 16 ships I believe those are the best available).

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:15 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

What about opening test server for a few hours and let us try out the skills?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Tankerlicious
Level: 1006

On another topic, I think have concerns about commander VS old style rad exp... I think a (huge because of the 50% slots) swarm of small slaves with small energybanks (like enforcers with OI), and specific augs (like damage, no ROF, and just enough elec) will be a much more efficient way to slave than Rad Exp, because of the ROF bug.

As you said Jeff, it would be the swarm skill VS the mighty 2 or 3 rad exp high tech slaves. I am still convinced my "big" wardens lack their ROF bonus (from aug and skill) which is cripling me. I think in the current situation it will be much more easy to aug a swarm efficiently than tech 16 slaves (both ares and exc comb's DPS come from the ROF, and for tech 16 ships I believe those are the best available).

I can from personal experience tell you 8 RE Paximini slaves WAY outpower, Out DPS and outright pwn 2 Wardens.
2 otherwise well to do wardens in Fraternity = dead wardens. 8 well augged well equipped Paximinis = a good fight.
You go and add bonus like Damage per shot, additional sheild auras and give your average commander access to 24 slaves instead the 16 that the normal Rad exp has I wont say Ill reskill from Rad exp but may just well use my last char slot as a commander.

Hwever, if commander NOt a fighting skill and these uber bonus only apply to noncombat slaves as possibly dictated by different controlbots. perhaps make thos slaves not able to carry weapons.

Your argument would be you cant direct them to fight....but we all know any idiot can force a slave set to fight enemies to fight quite well out in w3 where the ai come in groups of less than 6 especially if you have acccess to such a swarm of focused might.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

snipers, MF's, sd's and seers CANNOT get gunner?

if so, then thats SOOOOO broken, I dont snipers mf'ing searing beams and TT+'s and I DONT want SD's to MF dwo's excoms ohl's ect ect

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Goz you freaking moron. MFM, Station Master, EE, and CA are being replaced in the current skill tree so MF, Sniper, and SD CANNOT become Gunner, Enegineer, Juice Junkie, or Commander. READ THE FREAKING FIRST POST for crying out loud.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:37 pm
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

Jeff, will Juice Junky require Electrical Engineering?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:15 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next