Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Something that crossed my mind.... I bet a lot of pple will want to get MFM on top of sniper,....

What about lightfighters, and all that ?

I think many players wil want to COMPLETELY ething their DS setups if it happens... Because now heph or caly will just make the old DS look crap with their capacity aug....

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:20 am
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

Its either a Fighting class such as Sniper, SD, etc that take the normal skills (SD needs Light Fighter) and then you can choose a NON FIGHTING SKILL that affects ONLY BASES AND NON-FIGHTING SLAVES. This means that if you go MFM AND Sniper, your fighting ship gains no hull.

I also worry though without an aug reset, that this will screw over many people. As people see the change in skills, maybe they wish to pursue another class that appeals to them more fully. Without an aug reset they are stuck to solely thier current augs which could suck with other classes.

Just an opinion.

~BD

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:25 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Tank, I share your concern, but when you look at it, all the core fighting classes are all staying the same -- MF, Sniper, SD, RadEX, Shield Monkey. DM is probably going to be a bit beefed since the Juice Junky skill will help him more than the old SM skills. What this is really affecting is secondary base building alts. Plus it is adding a trade skill to all of people's main characters who are MF, Sniper, etc.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Commander skill here i come.... However um you might wana fix the lag related to massive numbers of shots before implementing this. 30 slaves with asbtructors might not be great with the current lag.

Also tank... I believe admins specifically reserve the right to change anything they want in the ToS which you agreed to.

I think it'll e b a great addition to the game.. the electrical junkie sounds kinda pointless tho...

ALso um.. I believe an aug reset is NECCESSARY!! Example juice junkie, the entire point of the skill would be that you wouldnt neede elec augs. Therefor youd need a new aug setup.

I dont think it woulod kill the economy to bad. Most of the augs people would just reequip.. Just would be a small number people sell.

Please aug reset!!! PLEASE!!! this is a HUGE!!!! change.. NEEDS AN AUG RESET!!!

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:47 am
Team: Goldenboy-Pax Alliance
Main: Please Dont Shoot
Level: 1227

How about commander's have a commodity generator, and the commod is required to deploy their army, instead of, or in combination with energy..
Just so we can have Commanders using combat augs on their ships, as opposed to adv. sup invig and PtE's... I'd like to see Commanders shooting along with their slaves.

Also, the battle commands need to be revamped..

And a special 1 hour (or so) ability, call it say, bloodlust, where the slaves go on a rampage, and are given bonuses to combat stats for 2-3 minutes, For tight situations, of which there are far too many when you're not flying an end-game ship.

On to Juice Junkie. This is a great idea, but there are far too many DS's and izers out there who will be kicking themselves for putting zeus' on their ships.. when they don't need all that elec anymore. There is also going to be lots of people who're going to be kicking ass really fast, really hard, out of nowhere.. like the DS's out there who can only power a merc mag, will now be using much better guns..

I really like this, but I think an aug reset is in order..

I also understand how it would wreck the economy, especially since exc combo's are finally where they should be on a price/rarity list..

Compromise: Every account is given one aug reset, on ONE ship, this way, we can re aug our sentimental, prized posession Izer/DS/Pax.. with only a mild economy boom.

Last edited by JoelsonRocks on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:03 am
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Architect: +1/lvl maximum workforce, -2%/lvl manhours needed on said base.

Precision Forge Worker: Constructed Gear gains +0.5%/lvl to all modifiers when built, special BPs for this class can be added to DG drop tables.

Kamikaze: +20% Damage/level, -8% shields/lvl. Requires 2 Fighter Ace levels per 1 Kamikaze.

:D

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:13 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

On to Juice Junkie. This is a great idea, but there are far too many DS's and izers out there who will be kicking themselves for putting zeus' on their ships..

If I got it well, junkie will only be for slave master, junkie, DM. The major part of the player base being sniper, SD, MF, those ships wont be affected.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

instead of a uni wide skill reset, make resets cost 0 credits for 1 month after the new content has come out, same with the costs of secondary skills (like FA, SD, sniper ect ect)

otherwise people will be spending 100's of millions on resets, and then many more millions on the new skills (and old ones agian) ruining the playerbase economy

somthing like THIS should happen IMO

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Everyone in team chat was saying this will only affect slaves and bases, is this true? I'm confused because I don't remember if MFM works on bases.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Team: Vault 52
Main: radx3
Level: 840

So base beef is going to be the following:

JeffL wrote:
With the level restriction on bases, I would like to add a base enhancement or two, mainly aimed at the lower level bases. I don't think the higher level bases need to be beefed too much.

So far, I was thinking along the lines of increasing the bases max shields by 3x or so, leaving regen alone. This will hopefully stop people from killing bases so quickly and give the bases a chance to heal each other and fire back and inflict collateral damage.

Also, I want to increase the damage and range on base mag cannons by a good amount. Someone sitting there mfing slates won't really be able to dodge mag cannons, but someone just trying to get through a galaxy that's hostile will have a good chance to dodge them.

Another thing I have wanted to do is make base only field generators that give big boosts to allied ships in the system. This will give players and slaves a nice advantage on defense. With an increase th shield maxes on bases, players will have more time to get to their galaxies to defend them in person, which is much more interesting than just pvb I'm sure.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Low level bases are going to get beefed. High level base equipment not much or not at all. After the skill changes all bases will now have 40% less bonus to all stats. I think the proposed base beefing is way too little.

Base Beef:
Low lvl bases:
Shield resevoir +300%
Weapons range and damage increased
Healing weapons range increase

High lvl bases:
Weapons range and damage increased
Healing weapons range increase

Skill Revamp:
All bases previously built with Station Mastery and CA or EE characters:
Shield Resevoir +260% (Low Level bases only), High level bases will be -40% with no planned increase.
Shield regen -40%
Electric Resevoir -40%
Electric Regen -40%

Maybe I am looking at this wrong. But I can't see where the new base beefing proposal helps things. The skill revamp is a 40% reduction to all base stats. High level bases are getting a major reduction.

Edit Add: What is the point of keeping Station Mastery skill at all? It will give a 40% bonus to base stats. So will CA and EE along with the other bonuses those skills give.

Why not make Station Mastery a 100% bonus to all base stats. Then make CA and EE skills a 70% bonus to all base stats. Yes this does reduce base stat bonuses for CA and EE some. But it gives a reason to take Station Mastery skill. Also CA and EE skill would still get their respective bonuses for suitability or extraction.

That or just remove the Station Mastery skill totally. Then give the CA and EE skills 70% bonus to base stats.

Last edited by Radx on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:11 am
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

My MFM is based around its freighter combat bonus and extra hull increase, allowing it to use large items and gigantic gear all-out. Removal of MFM from the main table results in the loss of the MFM personal section of the skill, meaning smaller hull sizes on ship, which can ruin some setups.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:21 am
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Tankerlicious
Level: 1006

Enji wrote:
Hmmm so I could be slave master, rad exp, commander ?

No. Commander goes where MFM used to be which requires Merchant which is mutually exclusive with Slave Master. You could be a Slave Master/RadEx/MFM, but MFM bonuses will only apply to non combat slaves.

how could you be Commander and rad exp if you need merchant to get commander?
and I care not for aura bonus of commander if I get 50% added slave slots and slaves get my RE bonus...that would give me 30.5 total slave slots
thatd give me 3 wardens, a sgt enforcer and a reg enforcer fleet

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 am
Profile ICQ

If i read this correctly i can be merchant juice junkie and gunner!

PUT THIS IN NOW!!!!!

merchant pax with 3700 dps with 2 titan torpedos fully powered with some nice -energy resist to target and plenty of room for compressed damps and or other weapons

UBER!!!

commander sounds cool as well. DOnt make the tweaks or the fighters to good tho, it will make rad exp suck even more.

Giving DM juice junkie may give it that leg up it needs at higher lvls.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:06 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

So, all these tools are saying how great all this is...

I'm a CA...thats what i do, thats why i play this game. Am i to understand that my skill will be changed and I'm going to lose my CA expertise? On ERMAN's (CA) izer i have a CA expertise aug on there. Just removing the aug isnt really an answer. That augs is fucking awesome and worth quite a bit of money.

I'm a little confused as to how this system will work or why its needed for that matter...as long as my CA's bases are as strong as they are now and my colonies are as profitable, and my CA expertise doesnt vanish, im down...if not I would probably lose the incentive to play that I've had.

dont fuck with shit that isnt broken.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:31 am
Profile WWW

For everyone whos confused heres a crappy graphic :)

[img=http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4950/skillmenupk3.th.png]

Basically two trees, choose skills from both.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:46 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next