Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

IM GONNA BE A COMMANDER!!!

WTFHAXXAGE!!!

So, JeffL, you gonna add Ships as small as the ghostship? And the ability to deploy like 20-25 of the suckers?

Man Commander would rock, and i would be one.

I say add it ASAP!!!

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Yeah, there will probably be a global skill reset. Not sure about the spec augs. I would rather not do a global aug reset because it wreaks the economy, so maybe just a reset on the augs from the 3 moved classes.

Sorry for double post, Jeff did it so I am too :P

Will that mean that every skill will be reset? or just the ones being changed? And if its all will we get money to compensate for the money it costs to get that skill back?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Enji wrote:
Hmmm so I could be slave master, rad exp, commander ?

No. Commander goes where MFM used to be which requires Merchant which is mutually exclusive with Slave Master. You could be a Slave Master/RadEx/MFM, but MFM bonuses will only apply to non combat slaves.

What do you call non combat slave ? a slave that has no gun ?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 am

So could my CA alt be Engineer and Merch?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:03 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Has anyone else noticed that you now can't get station mastery + CA/EE? Meaning bases will only get half the bonuses? Or am i missing something here?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:04 am
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

So, now that you cant be both a Station master and a SD with a non-combat class of say EE, our bases will all around be 50% worse. Will this mean that EE, CA, etc will have double the station bonuses to compensate for the missing Station Mastery skill?

~BD

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:05 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Has anyone else noticed that you now can't get station mastery + CA/EE? Meaning bases will only get half the bonuses? Or am i missing something here?

That is true, which is another reason I'm so keen on beefing bases.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:06 am
Profile WWW

Make Commander similar to a DM, only a Commander doesnt require energy to deploy his ships. Just some kind space Fuel.

And to repair/build ships on the go he needs Metals/Microchips/Silicon the works.

Man that shit would own.

Seer+SlaveMaster+Commander...*Drools*

Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

You're right _7_, but you get the bonus of all of your chars being able to have a +2% bonus, so you can lay more bases that are effective.

And for everyone confused on the "can my X char be X and Y?" just look at the regular skill web, only replace Station Mastery with Juice Junky, Colonial Administrator with Engineer, Merchant Fleet Master with Commander and Extraction Expert with Gunner. If normally you couldn't have your X skill with those Y skills, then after the change you can't have it either.

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

This looks interesting but there's one thing that kind of concerns me. Before, the two primary stm characters were a CA and an EE. Both had two tier levels of skills that combined gave a hefty combined level of 80% to most base stats, 40 from station mastery, 40 from either CA or EE. With only one type of these skills available to any given character class, bases overall will be significantly weaker if you want to make money off of them.

Is this an intentional part of the plan or are all of the base bonuses being tweaked to compensate for this? The idea of protector bases isn't a good one in my oppinion, because people will simply target your money making bases first, and then kill the isolated defender stations. If this is part of the idea then that's fine I guess, I just want to get some feedback on whether or not base power overall will remain the same, go up, or get lowered as we now also have to think about how the level limit cap on base tech will interact with these changes...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:07 am

So i cant be Commander and Seer... :cry:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:07 am
Profile WWW

Happy_Tree_Friend wrote:

That is true, which is another reason I'm so keen on beefing bases.

*cough*

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

will juice junkie have requirements like electrical engineering? because killing mad sci wont be worth lvl 20 in theskill

can you put the fuel part in? :P :D

and wont a skill reset be forcing people to egt all the hard skils back, like programming and stuff liek tracotinrg back, spending 100's of mills in the process, please elaborate

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 am
Profile WWW

Will MFM, Station Master, EE, and CA leave all together? Or will these have the old skill + this new bonus?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

This isn't going to work :? I wouldn't do this you'll mess up the game and ruin the playerbase.. Also if you don't give a full aug reset with this messing up the economy will be the least of your problems..

Also, You can't keep changing the core of a game that people pay for it makes no since and ruins the game for people who put all this effort into it if you add this you might aswell take it back into beta and do a level reset :?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:19 am
Profile YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next