Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Post Emp Star
All Pants members emp Stars are gone...

Admins?

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 pm
Team: Goldenboy-Pax Alliance
Main: Please Dont Shoot
Level: 1227

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 pm
Main: Mofouler
Level: 1296

but in all serioness admins need to look at this....

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:03 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

That's weird...Only Pants? Does players on other teams still have theirs? I checked Bizman and atleast he still has his win points so he should have his star.

Though I guess the whole system with getting a star doesnt work very well anymore since emp can change several times in a uni, if we're gonna give everyone who has ever been emp a star then soon everyone will have a star.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:18 am

well the star went away after the Roll backs and ONLY the EMP now gets a win point as before people on the team got it also, Nevertheless, We should have our emp stars, The Roll back got it bc it was the first one in a while..probly since emp tbh

Other team m8s from PREVIOUS runs have there Stars...bc im guessing those was saved, Did u save our stars.thats my conclusion

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 am
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

No the stars weren't saved automatically, I have updated the code but I think we may change it so that the stars are only distributed to the team holding emperor at the end of the universe. No offense to pants, but you really haven't gone to much effort for the reward to get emperor this universe, and the palace is pretty much invincible. Hopefully changes we have planned for next universe will make it much more of a PvP contest.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:41 am

Restricting certain areas for the emp team only would make it too restricting. With UZ Pants could have sole access to Panthers, Zebras and Rhinos.
This wouldnt add any fun to the game, it would cause all the other teams to get frustrated. Especially now since the palace is close to impossible to kill.

Being able to claim emp for your own team should be incentive enough to go after the palace. First of all the palace needs to be killable.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:59 am
Dev Team

give the palace 0 augs, 10million sheilds and 0 regen.

Thats basically our plan in a nutshell. Now you've gone and ruined the surprise! :wink:

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 am

Restricting access isn't a bad idea. Theres only a certain limit before people will blow the top and attack, which we want. And its good to hear the palance wont be almost invincible.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:27 am

No the stars weren't saved automatically, I have updated the code but I think we may change it so that the stars are only distributed to the team holding emperor at the end of the universe. No offense to pants, but you really haven't gone to much effort for the reward to get emperor this universe, and the palace is pretty much invincible. Hopefully changes we have planned for next universe will make it much more of a PvP contest.

First its not our fault that u made the base the way it was...

so therefore we do diserve our star, we also Choose our time of day when to take the palace to sol, there was FEW people online, and the only major team "epic" where in bana, so yes we do diserve it as we used our heads...

now yo what your gonna do 0 augs, 10mi shield, 0 regen?

thats insanly dumb, plus u dont think someone cant kill that palace?

Well your wrong i watched ONE thats right ONE person SOLO dps our Crown 2 days ago...i shit u not, he solo dpsed it...so before u go nerfing maybe u should think? Did someone realy To attack that base? NO

And for the people who didnt try, There is one huge advantage the players get vs the palace....

Futhermore, 10mill shields takes about 30secs to take out..with 5 people...

That Base we have up is about 120Bil worth of gear, and one person can solo dps it?

O wait no-one would know that bc they HAVENT TRIED!

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

I do think that its a little foolish to make radical changes to the palace when no one has even made a try on the palace. They are assuming that its invincible.

We did some testing, and its totally possible to break the base with only 1 person. Now, it would have taken him a long time to kill it solo, but an organized attack could take the palace out, everyone is too scared to try though.

Just because people are scared of pants (and allies) shouldnt change the rules to make it easier for them BEFORE THEY EVEN TRIED!

-ERMAN

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 am
Profile WWW

We have never said that a star is supposed to be a reward for taking emp with the new emp system.
Same goes for getting a item and galaxy named after you. None of those rewards works very good with the new emp system.

If we gave those rewards for anyone who takes emp then two teams that are allied could in theory just take turns being emp several times during a uni and collect multiple rewards.

Giving out rewards to the team that holds emp at the end of the uni could work though so it's possible that we will go for that.

And you dont have to worry about the palace, we have a idea for that already.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:50 am
Dev Team

The point is that we are going to give the palace built in/sticky gear, so:
1) You don't have to put billions of credits worth of gear on it
2) We can balance it however we see fit
3) It will actually be possible and worth it to oppose the emperor team.

10 million shields and 0 regen is not the final stats that will be on the palace, that is just the general idea - it will have a high shield bank and low regeneration. The actual stats have not been agreed upon yet, and of course you have to take into account that you will still be able to put dampeners and give the palace Station mastery (though we may put customized dampeners on there to prevent that). If you think the current palace is breakable by the sustained DPS of 1 person, I think you are either incredibly stupid or incredibly gullible. The base has about 20k regen per second, 61% resist all, and 250 damage soak on each shot. You would have to do over 60k dps just to break the regeneration on it. Even if you have a full squad of DPS there it would take hours to bring it down. Emperor is supposed to be about PvP, not mind numbing hours spent with your space bar jammed down.

Finally to Trevor: YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING. I would say that any one of the top 5 teams could have made the same mostly unopposed run as pantalones did - either they didn't want to or they didn't meet the requirements yet. Taking the crown to Sol when nobody is around to attack you isn't using your heads, its either common sense or cowardice, take your pick. Saying that you deserve the reward for that cunning genius is like a retarded kid saying he deserves an award for figuring out 1+1 = 2. That being said, the decision on the stars hasn't been made yet. We may refund your stars from the emperor run, we may not. Whatever the decision is, we definitely won't have to justify it to you. Being an ass about it will probably increase the chance that you don't get it back though.

PS - you still get plenty of rewards from the emperor run, complaining about something as trivial as the star is retarded and makes you sound like a jackass.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:18 am
Team: pantalones
Main: Illuminaughty
Level: 2232

Thanks for ruining it Trev :P j/k

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*

Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next