Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2865

Post Re: New BvB rules on test and incoming to live
anilv wrote:
Just by reading Jeff's post, it looks like TW still gets the +2 bases per bordering gal owned by TW, and the difference would be that they can deploy more bases once LC starts to lose some.

Someone who has tested it will have to answer this but the way Jeff has posted is that TW gets the +2base slots per border gal but they don't get to drop any more than that # until the gal becomes unowned, even if LC loses bases.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 pm
Team: Devil Dogs
Main: Nirvana
Level: 3251

RIT_Wolf wrote:
anilv wrote:
Just by reading Jeff's post, it looks like TW still gets the +2 bases per bordering gal owned by TW, and the difference would be that they can deploy more bases once LC starts to lose some.

Someone who has tested it will have to answer this but the way Jeff has posted is that TW gets the +2base slots per border gal but they don't get to drop any more than that # until the gal becomes unowned, even if LC loses bases.

Maybe understand his post fully before responding? He is talking about if LC unowned their gal to avoid BvB (which probally would be bannable) we would still get the 2 slots plus what ever slots were freed up as LC bases died.

Lolwut? wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:
My mother is a space rat, what now?

And that makes you... what, exactly? Canadian?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SkatePunk wrote:
RIT_Wolf wrote:
anilv wrote:

Maybe understand his post fully before responding? He is talking about if LC unowned their gal to avoid BvB (which probally would be bannable) we would still get the 2 slots plus what ever slots were freed up as LC bases died.

Definitely worth testing that out, of course.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am

2 base limit is ridiculous. Especially with Ablatives existing, if would take a full week to take down 25 kits with 2 bases. I really do suggest allowing 25 base slots as a base, then 2 per border, but still allowing kits that get destroyed to open up a new slot. This is extremely counter productive and as an active bvber, I would prefer simply not bvbing than risking and undoubtably losing ada kits when attacking.

If I had to offer a compromise between the 2 things, here are 2 I can come up with:

1) 25 base slots for a team. +2 if you own a connector galaxy. +1 per destroyed kit in the galaxy. This means you have to actually kill the bases to gain additional slots, or wait for the owning team to make a mistake. This would also discourage the use of low tech kits in defensive points. I think this would be the best solution, and would allow a seige to pick up steam as it goes on.

2) +4 bases per connector. This would atleast give assaulting teams a chance in hell.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Sodomy wrote:
2 base limit is ridiculous. Especially with Ablatives existing, if would take a full week to take down 25 kits with 2 bases. I really do suggest allowing 25 base slots as a base, then 2 per border, but still allowing kits that get destroyed to open up a new slot. This is extremely counter productive and as an active bvber, I would prefer simply not bvbing than risking and undoubtably losing ada kits when attacking.

If I had to offer a compromise between the 2 things, here are 2 I can come up with:

1) 25 base slots for a team. +2 if you own a connector galaxy. +1 per destroyed kit in the galaxy. This means you have to actually kill the bases to gain additional slots, or wait for the owning team to make a mistake. This would also discourage the use of low tech kits in defensive points. I think this would be the best solution, and would allow a seige to pick up steam as it goes on.

2) +4 bases per connector. This would atleast give assaulting teams a chance in hell.

Considering what the defending team has to lose I'd say it should be very difficult to take out a galaxy with 25 decent bases in it.

Considering the cost, effort and base slots require to make a galaxy with 25 bases I really wouldnt mind that much if the effort to take it out is so big that it's just not worth it, unless you really really really have the motivation to completely destroy another team.

So imo 2 bases is fine. If you need more firepower you will simply have to combine BvB with PvB.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tallon
Level: 5705

Sodomy wrote:

/signed

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:11 am
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 3631

Sodomy wrote:
2 base limit is ridiculous. Especially with Ablatives existing, if would take a full week to take down 25 kits with 2 bases.

Personally, I think it should take a long time to take down a gal with 25 bases. One week doesn't seem to bad compared to the time and resources put into building the gal in the first place. How long do you feel it should take to take out a well fortified gal?

Sodomy wrote:

So, if the defender demos their dead bases before you lay your new one, you can't lay it?

The siege picks up steam by their being less enemy bases to heal/DPS yours.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 am
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2865

Cant expect to get the 2kits down and be able to say you win, it took us 18hrs with 2ada kits such as you say to take out the 23enemy bases in the galaxy, 13 of them were t18+ and the others were a mix of t16 and t14kits. At one point we had one of our kits tanking 9ach pulses and throughout the fight the end result was very much in doubt.

It should be very very difficult to take a galaxy that has station mastery bases defending it.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

2 of the best kits in the universe should not lose to 10 of the cheapest kits.

10 Complicated Andaman Kits(4 augs, level 1000)
vs
2 Ada T20's(6 augs, level 3000)

The Andaman kits won.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 am

Quote:
Cant expect to get the 2kits down and be able to say you win, it took us 18hrs with 2ada kits such as you say to take out the 23enemy bases in the galaxy, 13 of them were t18+ and the others were a mix of t16 and t14kits. At one point we had one of our kits tanking 9ach pulses and throughout the fight the end result was very much in doubt.

It should be very very difficult to take a galaxy that has station mastery bases defending it.

That would be a very difficult situation, but as I said, they seem to favor swarm tactics. We have spent unis on end spending trils building the best base gear, the best seige kits, the best seige characters, just to have bvb just another swarm mechanic where I should recruit 500 noobs and have them run in firing at shit (No offense intended towards EF, but that is how the game is going) and have 2 bases healing them. It's a joke.

The point stands that as I said, 2 of the best kits in the game cannot kill 10~ anda kits built by some noob if they have even a single tractor ship. This change is fucking stupid. No question.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 am
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Agreed with sod.

Voomy, please learn what you're talking about, we're not talking 2 ada vs 25 ada, it's often t18 or ordinary t20. I agree it should take hours, but more than 14 is unacceptable and impossible to attack.

not to mention, it is ablatives that op bases, the problem is that 25 base galaxies are cheap, quick and easy to build

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 am

Sodomy: Well, I'll ask again. In your opinion, how long should it take to take down a reasonably well defended gal? Let's exclude your examples of an absolutely unkillable gal and a gal filled with tech 6 kits so there is room for success or failure for the attackers. I'm hoping for a productive discussion because there seem to be various opinions on the matter.

I feel that there should not be the possibility of an absolutely unkillable gal, but there should also not be the possibility of a guaranteed win for an attacker against a reasonably well prepared gal. Finding a balance between the two is not easy, or we probably wouldn't have to be having these discussions.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 pm

thebattler35 wrote:
Agreed with sod.

Voomy, please learn what you're talking about, we're not talking 2 ada vs 25 ada, it's often t18 or ordinary t20. I agree it should take hours, but more than 14 is unacceptable and impossible to attack.

not to mention, it is ablatives that op bases, the problem is that 25 base galaxies are cheap, quick and easy to build

Why 14 hours and why is longer than 14 hours impossible? This is supposed to be a major team effort to take out a good gal.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:12 pm
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

As you kill the others team bases, especially if they are attached, it only opens you up to a higher chance of a loss.

Say you kill off 5 of their attached bases. All they have to do is lay 5 unattached kits in their spot and march them at your two and its game over.

There needs to be some form of reinforcement for the attacker. Once your two kits are down, thats all you have, barring some measly PvB which can be squandered by a grem cannon.

Once the team started to be attacked, they could build enough ablatives (assuming there is still no cap) to keep the gal going for weeks, or at least enough time for the defenders to build better gear. Not buy, BUILD.

~BD

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm
Team: Hot Shots
Main: vipy
Level: 2722

i like it but there need to be in a bvb once there kit are down the defending team should be able to lay another kit once we kill it other wise they can just keep putting more kit in but at the back of the dfending kit wait till it regens and bvb would not end other than that it reaily good that the only problem i see

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next