Post Small AI level / gear balances
Slight changes to some AI to bring them in line with balance sheets - this was due to MF increases in DPS not being weighted on levels. The aim is to make mid-level AI challenging to the players intended and to reduce mudflation of gear effects:

• Overlords (nephil) reduced from MF 3 to MF2 on weapon; level retained. Reason: knock back + DPS changes on missileshotguns effected their weapons.
  • Condors - increased DF factor on appearance (instead of nerf), should appear in appropriate difficulty DGs now.
  • Wild and DG Wattages' level increased to 1750; equipment retained. Reason: MF 5 chain lasers not being calculated in automatic level computation.
  • DG 'Verybad' Jujuso'qi reduced from MF 4 to MF3; level increased to 750. Reason: MF 4 Uu Quu not being calculated in automatic level computation, new parasite DPS increases.
  • DG Space Blue Gamma level increase to 500; equipment retained. Reason: Reason: MF 4 BBG not being calculated in automatic level computation, additional fighters since AI creation. Wild SBGs retain their level as they are not swarming type AI.

This list is subject to change - the intention is to prevent middle levels being untenable without recourse to Capital ships, i.e. expect new low / mid level ships soon.

Feel free to add suggestions / comments on specific AI, and even low / mid level focused AI suggestions.

[edit - altered to note differences in DG / Wild AI levels]

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 2300

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Post Re: Small AI level / gear balances
Basils and MF Basils.

for the rest, nice job! :)

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:50 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Slight changes to some AI to bring them in line with balance sheets - this was due to MF increases in DPS not being weighted on levels. The aim is to make mid-level AI challenging to the players intended and to reduce mudflation of gear effects:

• Overlords (nephil) reduced from MF 3 to MF2 on weapon; level retained
  • Condors' SD skill reduced from 25 to 10; level retained
  • Wattages' level increased to 1750; equipment retained
  • 'Verybad' Jujuso'qi reduced from MF 4 to MF3; level increased to 750
  • Space Blue Gamma level increase to 500; equipment retained

This list is subject to change - the intention is to prevent middle levels being untenable without recourse to Capital ships.

Feel free to add suggestions / comments on specific AI, and even low / mid level focused AI suggestions.

Epic work, now my noob alts can Cap+Level on SBGs :roll:
Give em some rad res if you do this?

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:51 am

andezrhode2a wrote:

Gammas are intended to be cappable; their level has increased by only 100. DPS wise + fighters + critical effects of energy weapons means that their "punching weight" is far larger than say, a pax astrologica.

Please try to think about comparable leveled AI before posting.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
andezrhode2a wrote:

Gammas are intended to be cappable; their level has increased by only 100. DPS wise + fighters + critical effects of energy weapons means that their "punching weight" is far larger than say, a pax astrologica.

Please try to think about comparable leveled AI before posting.

Man theyre easier to dodge then a fat chick running at you.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:26 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

SBG's already have 40% resist to all but mining....

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

OS Rosfire AIs should be a higher level...

OS Tortoises should be a higher level, too...

OS Wingships need better gear...

Space Blue Alpha Scouts have more shield and sustainable DPS than Space Blue Alphas...

Serenities can't power there weapons, I think that's dumb...

AIs in Ur'Ziq bana are stupidly underleveled last time I checked...

Urzod, the giant volcom "uber", would be uber if he could actually fire his weapons...

All AIs that level 21-40 players can level on either swarm or are too strong to kill without drones/slaves...

Just a list of things I've noticed :P

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 pm
Profile YIM

Nabacok wrote:

Space Blue Alpha Scouts have more shield and sustainable DPS than Space Blue Alphas...

Urzod, the giant volcom "uber", would be uber if he could actually fire his weapons...

All AIs that level 21-40 players can level on either swarm or are too strong to kill without drones/slaves...

Ok, this is the kind of input required, even if it is from a F2P perspective.

I'll look over all of this and alter if required. Thank you :)

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Picks arent hard enough, mf picks cant tank enough, and mf reavers are all around pathetic for a prepared individual. top 3 no1 wants you to know right there b/c those are the best for leveling on :P
edit: more for you
#4 rosies are easier than basils.
#5 prog rosies are appropriately leveled but imo should roam.
#6 rosies in general have a sweet little spot where if you're kiting they'll use LCs but never hit.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:44 am
Team: Imperium
Main: RoflWaffle
Level: 3865

Zekk wrote:
Picks arent hard enough, mf picks cant tank enough, and mf reavers are all around pathetic for a prepared individual. top 3 no1 wants you to know right there b/c those are the best for leveling on :P
edit: more for you
#4 rosies are easier than basils.
#5 prog rosies are appropriately leveled but imo should roam.
#6 rosies in general have a sweet little spot where if you're kiting they'll use LCs but never hit.

@#5, gtfo!

@#6, all non-propelled projectiles are like that, you are in range at one point but constantly moving away, and as the projectile always goes at the same speed no matter what the ships speed/direction is then it will never reach far enough

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:01 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

RoflWaffle wrote:
@#6, all non-propelled projectiles are like that, you are in range at one point but constantly moving away, and as the projectile always goes at the same speed no matter what the ships speed/direction is then it will never reach far enough

actually the problem is that their code doesnt account for the physics of it with a range bias in their targeting script, so while im within the max range listed on the weapon, im not within the dynamic max range. or else the script is wrong.
also, LCs do accelerate so... yeah. i dont think that pulses have the same error in the targeting script.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Nabacok wrote:

Nabaco is the uberest of the uber f2p's. You don't need to worry about his perspective being suspect.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:45 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

anilv wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Nabacok wrote:

Nabaco is the uberest of the uber f2p's. You don't need to worry about his perspective being suspect.

Urzod can fire his weapons tho, he mf 3 mags

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:49 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3252

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:

• Overlords (nephil) reduced from MF 3 to MF2 on weapon; level retained. Reason: knock back + DPS changes on missileshotguns effected their weapons.
  • Condors - increased DF factor on appearance (instead of nerf), should appear in appropriate difficulty DGs now.
  • Wattages' level increased to 1750; equipment retained. Reason: MF 5 chain lasers not being calculated in automatic level computation.
  • 'Verybad' Jujuso'qi reduced from MF 4 to MF3; level increased to 750. Reason: MF 4 Uu Quu not being calculated in automatic level computation, new parasite DPS increases.
  • Space Blue Gamma level increase to 500; equipment retained. Reason: Reason: MF 4 BBG not being calculated in automatic level computation, additional fighters since AI creation.

This list is subject to change - the intention is to prevent middle levels being untenable without recourse to Capital ships, i.e. expect new low / mid level ships soon.

I love you.

Some things I have noticed:

Level 500 rosies in p space, seriously? at least make them the level 900 ones.

Raise MF basil's level to 700, nerf their blasters a little. Make them exclusive to P space and/or the arms.

Rag, Dark Guard, and Seraph swarms are nearly unbeatable for the level intended to be hunting them.

BGs should be at least level 1k in P space to stay along with the theme of it.

Drop missiles are horribly overpowered, as are their lasers.

There should be teams of ai in p space, regional teams. For each 4th of P space (north,south,east,west) There should be a single team that all AI in that region spawn on.

Grim is weak. Make a DG version of him thats much, much harder.

Icepicks cant tank enough; MF icepicks tank too much.

Make a level 1.2k basil that is called basil XY and mf 3's

Hotrods and Hotrod Megas both need more shields. Raise their level a bit.

Goblins have too much strength for their level.

There needs to be more than 3 effective setups for low leveling; more than one class needs to be used.
More soon

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:

• Wattages' level increased to 1750; equipment retained. Reason: MF 5 chain lasers not being calculated in automatic level computation.
  • 'Verybad' Jujuso'qi reduced from MF 4 to MF3; level increased to 750. Reason: MF 4 Uu Quu not being calculated in automatic level computation, new parasite DPS increases.
  • Space Blue Gamma level increase to 500; equipment retained. Reason: Reason: MF 4 BBG not being calculated in automatic level computation, additional fighters since AI creation.

I love you.

Some things I have noticed:

Level 500 rosies in p space, seriously? at least make them the level 900 ones.

Too easy to powerlevel on then.

Raise MF basil's level to 700, nerf their blasters a little. Make them exclusive to P space and/or the arms.

Way too easy to powerlevel on. And what are you going to fill the MF Basils DGs with now? Space Blue Gammas x 8 all over the place?

Rag, Dark Guard, and Seraph swarms are nearly unbeatable for the level intended to be hunting them.

These are the most funny things in game, leave them as they are.

BGs should be at least level 1k in P space to stay along with the theme of it.

And yet another way to powerlevel quick

Drop missiles are horribly overpowered, as are their lasers.

Drop missiles are easy to shoot down, and you can always use OBA tweaks to get away from them. Nerfing anything about drops is a bad idea, they are really really amazing as they are now. Make an own topic for this, and I will prove to you that they don't need any nerfs.

There should be teams of ai in p space, regional teams. For each 4th of P space (north,south,east,west) There should be a single team that all AI in that region spawn on.

Sounds ok

Grim is weak. Make a DG version of him thats much, much harder.

Grim is fine

Icepicks cant tank enough; MF icepicks tank too much.

MF Icepicks deal with insane amounts of damage, they are fine. Normal Icepicks are fine aswell.

More soon

And just a reminder, this topic was about Small AI level / gear balances. 90% of the ones you mention I would say is far from Small AI level.

The only thing that needs a tad bit of change in my opinion, are the MF Nephils, and the Space Blue Gammas when you find them in numbers of 6 or more in the same DG

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:40 am