Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4361

Post Re: Changes to Assault Behemoth(+)
I already tried tossing and transing it, it wont leave the ship.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile YIM

SimonV2 wrote:

if its an item gen like lion maul generator then it is equipped and 0 size, if its a factory, say like the engineer energy tweak factory, then it isnt equipped and i dont see how it can be sticky. if it isnt equipped then how do you keep it on the ship?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40408

At a guess*, I'm using a modified version of this new code. Either way, the item has both a size, is not equipped and yet cannot be tossed, sold, transferred or dropped.

This part, I have tested thoroughly.

*This wasn't really a guess for the more literal minded amongst you.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:57 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

mmk cool.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

SimonV2 wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
SimonV2 wrote:
sticky items are 0 size when equipped.

Sticky item generators are not, since they're not an item that is equipped, they're an item that is used.

Next?

if its an item gen like lion maul generator then it is equipped and 0 size, if its a factory, say like the engineer energy tweak factory, then it isnt equipped and i dont see how it can be sticky. if it isnt equipped then how do you keep it on the ship?

Sticky non-equipable items cannot be removed from the ship.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:07 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Can you change the +25% max Shield effect on the aura? I find it really pointless when you have an aura for such short period of time which gives such an effect, you can't constantly generate it via popping tweaks. It's just pointless, you can't utilize such an effect.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

It's nice to see something's finally being done about them.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:49 pm

jeff mc beth wrote:
Can you change the +25% max Shield effect on the aura? I find it really pointless when you have an aura for such short period of time which gives such an effect, you can't constantly generate it via popping tweaks. It's just pointless, you can't utilize such an effect.

I think my exact words on test were "Please don't go quoting stats or such like on the forum, as they're all under revision". Aura is the same thing - I'd already made the changes from the 1st build, it just saves me time if I don't have to rebuild test #1000 for each change I do (shield bank was because I wanted to see just how much bank a player could get from the ship, and if +shield charge / bank would be broken - and yes, it is) ;)

Dropships / parasites should be working now, without instant destruction, which is the major sticking point with balancing this ship - the testing angle is that we've not had fighters / missiles who use parasites before, and we needed to see exactly how effective they were*. I'm going to have to tweak certain more things about them before they're usable, due to class effects & spamming issues (as is ever the case).

Missiles using parasites is a major step forward, in terms of the potential for Environmental damage effects, AoEs, Boss stuff and so on; one of the major issues we've had is that getting the environment (SOBs / background) to effect the player is simply not possible - cue lots of hacking around to get stuff done. You won't see anything but the end result, which I hope will be cool, but it involves this (i.e. invisible AoE missiles generating environmental damage and so on).

*Yes, 25 seconds kinda surprised me as well - I put stupidly high values on their debuffs because I expected them to need it for us to see it at all. /facepalm

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:05 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
I think my exact words on test were "Please don't go quoting stats or such like on the forum, as they're all under revision".

Heh, sorry, but you can see where I am coming from right? XD It's the same as the Zebra Second Wind aura which gives +100% energy bank, almost next to pointless, as its only there for like, 7 seconds.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

I LOVE YOU.

Anyway, I use an ass behe on my ShM right now. Will I get these awesome new things automatically, or will I need to ask an admin to manually change it?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

what if a Engineer wants to use an ass behe as a droner ship? but cant cuz of the inbuilt scoop?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3279

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
hick hick... Ass Behe... hick hick.... lol.... hahahaha....

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Katherine wrote:
what if a Engineer wants to use an ass behe as a droner ship? but cant cuz of the inbuilt scoop?

Then he builds the +, with a different inbuilt scoop, or he just uses a rhino like everyone else. I don't know of a single ass behe engineer right now, so it shouldn't cause a problem. Not every single player should be able to use every single ship equally.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 pm
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

well, no one used it cuz it only had 2 aug slots

now that it has 3, id consider it

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Katherine wrote:
well, no one used it cuz it only had 2 aug slots
now that it has 3, id consider it

The decision to make the vanilla Assault Behemoth not available to DMs was due to the fact that the relative difficulty to obtain the commod / build costs / design brief / resists would have made it overly powerful for DMs, and much cheaper / easier to obtain than a rhino. However, considering the build cost of the + version (35 - 40 billion, roughly) I opened it up to DMs.

I strongly suspect that a dedicated DM with the + version will rival a Rhino build.

yugioh124 wrote:
Anyway, I use an ass behe on my ShM right now. Will I get these awesome new things automatically, or will I need to ask an admin to manually change it?

Unfortunately, it looks like it will be a manual job - when I've ironed out the (large) kinks, and it goes live, I'll pass it over to Voom to handle - aug transition will be factored in - however, that is up to Voom; if you get a new Assault Behemoth+ with your old augs installed, don't moan.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: RoflWaffle
Level: 3956

im afraid i dont understand why on earth a 35-40b ship (just the cost of the +, i dont even know the standard ass behe build cost) in the hands of a 'dedicated' engi should simply rival the half assed standard build of a 25b ship...

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next