Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Content Dev

Post Re: Papertiger - Drones changes
I'm back!

Apart from these changes, I think there are also a bunch of miscellaneous tweaks that went in. Nothing too important (probably), but you should notice them.

And now to respond to the bit-, I mean the valuable player input :oops:

trevor54 wrote:
Don't think Droners need any kind of beef, may I show you this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40103

Hehe, I've overseen some of these runs. All used armada inferno drones, which weren't touched at all (well they got a drone diffuser, but no bonuses to offensive power), since they already did nice DPS. And you have to remember that in each run the players lost quite a few otherwise expensive drones, so DM rushes probably won't be sustainable on live server.

The Lost One wrote:
But I have to agree with Trevor, beeing an Engineer on test was pretty cool, and a further beef to the class would be somewhat over the edge.

These changes were put in 2 months ago if not more. So yeah, they are all on test.
The Lost One wrote:
No need to beef it much more up, what scares me, is that Kasa Quu is now getting 4 aug slots, if I read it right?

Eh, not quite. They lost the bonuses from 2 exc. ranges and athena aug, and got an adv. exc marksman and 3 free aug slots instead. It's not exactly a beef, since they are now weaker and you get to pay to improve them (yay!). Fully augged, they would probably be somewhat stronger now, though.

jeff mc beth wrote:
Attached Magic Attack was already perm... I think all attached drones are

They weren't permanent, that's why they were mentioned in the notes, dummy :P
jeff mc beth wrote:
So, you given them Ares Shield Cap? O_o

Arcadian shield cap, actually (special t3 unobtainable cap with 100k shields).
jeff mc beth wrote:
Err, Qafir+ already came with an Athena and another aug equipped on them... So, now they have them and 4 more slots, while the Qafir just has 2? What the hell?

Qafir got 2 aug plugs. Qafir+ on the other hand had inbuilt augs removed, so they are basically the new Qafirs now. Except you get to pay more.

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
also, "Unused drones like Advanced Pirating should now be better." wtf? Advanced pirating drones cant be capped or built or used. Fail.

They can be built, you just never see them being deployed. Can you guess why? Yup, I fixed that.

yugioh wrote:
I still never understood why admins removed the base weps from the AD and replaced them with crappy ruin items. Unless AD gets a significantly bigger beef than the kasa, it still won't be used, except by people unable to get kasas.

Kasa is a bit (a lot) harder to build than ADs. Having said that, ADs got a bit of a beef, since I removed the built-in augs, giving you opportunity to slap adonis augs on them instead.

SimonV2 wrote:
yeh it seems like there are quite a few invalid assumptions about gameplay made by admins in this thread. that scares me.

Ouch.
SimonV2 wrote:
whats an armada aftermath reward drone?

They are 4 tech 20 permanent drones I added. They are quite expensive and pretty difficult to get ahold of.

Utumno wrote:
You're not the first admin (or player with access to admin gear) to post about being able to scan drones on the forums.

If having access to xml documents that list all the gear used by drones counts as "being able to scan" them, then yes, we can "scan" them. :P

Off to work on the SM21 galaxy I go…

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3279

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
DRONE GEAR GLUE

All engineers who want this, put that^ in your post.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

PaperTiger wrote:

valuable dev output

you, on the other hand, seem to be on the ball.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

PaperTiger wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:
Attached Magic Attack was already perm... I think all attached drones are

They weren't permanent, that's why they were mentioned in the notes, dummy :P

Nah, they definitely are permanent. I used them in the temp uni like, 4 uni's ago when I took XYZ for the week. XD Not to mention... It says they are in the AI base. XD

Sorry. :roll:

Otherwise, what Simon said. :D

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 am
Profile WWW

PaperTiger wrote:
I'm back!
These changes were put in 2 months ago if not more. So yeah, they are all on test.

Qafir got 2 aug plugs. Qafir+ on the other hand had inbuilt augs removed, so they are basically the new Qafirs now. Except you get to pay more.

All the DMs are happy you're back, they've had to deal with my fumbling around the XML to see what you've been doing ;)

Jey added some tags meaning we can easily specify aug slots for drones now - no need for augmenter plugs and/or hardcapped limits on slots, but the outcome for the player is the same.

SimonV2 wrote:
you, on the other hand, seem to be on the ball.

Critiquing a dev who has freely admitted that the work commented on isn't their own, that the dev responsible will be along shortly to give exact details and it coming true, and still sniping about it...

Let's just say, I hope you can see the obvious here - players are getting feedback on development, which is the important part of this forum.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:14 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
DRONE GEAR GLUE

All engineers who want this, put that^ in your post.

No.
Stop being retarded. Not just you, but anyone who asks for that.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Critiquing a dev who has freely admitted that the work commented on isn't their own, that the dev responsible will be along shortly to give exact details and it coming true, and still sniping about it...

Let's just say, I hope you can see the obvious here - players are getting feedback on development, which is the important part of this forum.

sorry, very true.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Gaffa
Level: 3539

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Old items:

<ITEM name="Ambrosia Protector" />
<ITEM name="Ambrosia Energybank" />
<ITEM name="Ukukuu Qa" />
<ITEM name="Jiji Qa" />
<ITEM name="Ambrosia Radar" />
<ITEM name="Exc. Range Augmenter" />
<ITEM name="Athena Augmenter" />

The new version lacks these augs, so the vanilla version will actually be worse off, in both terms of damage and shields; it does get a range modifier aug though. You can, of course, add an athena of your own via Astral Injection.

Might have to beef the IQ'Bana spawns though, thanks for alerting me ;)

p.s. I'm pretty sure that you can scan drones the same as bases, so... no idea why you all missed the aug load-out.

where can i access information like this, would certainly help in making broken drones.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Gaffateip wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Old items:

<ITEM name="Ambrosia Protector" />
<ITEM name="Ambrosia Energybank" />
<ITEM name="Ukukuu Qa" />
<ITEM name="Jiji Qa" />
<ITEM name="Ambrosia Radar" />
<ITEM name="Athena Augmenter" />

The new version lacks these augs, so the vanilla version will actually be worse off, in both terms of damage and shields; it does get a range modifier aug though. You can, of course, add an athena of your own via Astral Injection.

Might have to beef the IQ'Bana spawns though, thanks for alerting me ;)

p.s. I'm pretty sure that you can scan drones the same as bases, so... no idea why you all missed the aug load-out.

where can i access information like this, would certainly help in making broken drones.

Its part of the server files...

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:24 am
Profile WWW

jeff mc beth wrote:

Don't feed the trolls please.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 am

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:

Don't feed the trolls please.

Sorry...

/me leaves the Troll Zoo and goes to get a cookie or two.

JeffL wrote:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8298

Is it possible to look at the permi drone only Aug's alpha, beta, gamma these Aug's are worse than Adonis Aug's but require more ship Aug's to build them would like to see these Aug's balanced and become useful.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:09 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

I have a Hotrod+ level 20, with 3 Basic Capacity augs, 2 Platform Augmentation Alpha... :lol: It has 3 hull space, and does an awesome 3 speed! The augs are not sticky tho, which makes it all hilarious.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:35 am
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

PaperTiger wrote:
I'm back!

Could i ask about the new T20 damage type drones that were supposed to be being added?

would be nice to have a few Titan level drones that did mining and other damage types along with new mission based drones that do different damage types.

Pip put these on the to do list (stuff that needs added), can't remember if they are already done or not, didn't see them in the Temporary Drones section of Aurora's post.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Fantastic, I dont normally read dev notes but have as of late as im heading towards a more base focued uni for the next one (fed up of leveling alts), but this vvvvvvvv made me giggle for I have just built 100 Qafir+

Quote:

Last edited by xzume on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next