Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Post Re: ClientV2 Screenshots
Dorin Nube wrote:
Gah! Players have been screaming for screenshots and such for months. Finally, a Dev gives in and shows us something, and he points out that it's not done, it looks much better in motion, and it's only the suns he was working on. What does he get? Criticism of the suns (that I can easily imagine looking better in motion), Criticism of the background (that wasn't the point of his screenies), and Criticism of the ships (which are obviously unfinished "testing" ships).

I really hope the devs are kind enough to post more in-progress shots of their work. If you want to see more, my advice is to just say "Thank you" next time around, assuming there is a next time.

Urm.. No, screw you?

I'm a paying customer, entitled to my opinion, and i'll give it. If i were the owner of the game i'd prefere having critisism so i know whats wrong, if people just said thats good all the time they'd think everything is fine and not correct any mistakes. I know its not the finished product, by god i hope its not anyway, but i'm still going to say what i think looks good and bad, so they can improve on the areas that need it most.

If its one thing i hate it's people trying to suger coat everything just because it's "nice". I'm happy with the updates and the screenies and i said so, but my opinion still stands, at the end of the day the admins have the option to listen to me, i'm not forcing them to read my critisisms which imo.. Are well placed.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Outcast wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:
Gah! Players have been screaming for screenshots and such for months. Finally, a Dev gives in and shows us something, and he points out that it's not done, it looks much better in motion, and it's only the suns he was working on. What does he get? Criticism of the suns (that I can easily imagine looking better in motion), Criticism of the background (that wasn't the point of his screenies), and Criticism of the ships (which are obviously unfinished "testing" ships).

I really hope the devs are kind enough to post more in-progress shots of their work. If you want to see more, my advice is to just say "Thank you" next time around, assuming there is a next time.

Urm.. No, screw you?

I'm a paying customer, entitled to my opinion, and i'll give it. If i were the owner of the game i'd prefere having critisism so i know whats wrong, if people just said thats good all the time they'd think everything is fine and not correct any mistakes. I know its not the finished product, by god i hope its not anyway, but i'm still going to say what i think looks good and bad, so they can improve on the areas that need it most.

If its one thing i hate it's people trying to suger coat everything just because it's "nice". I'm happy with the updates and the screenies and i said so, but my opinion still stands, at the end of the day the admins have the option to listen to me, i'm not forcing them to read my critisisms which imo.. Are well placed.

Apparently you're under the impression that we can't actually see what is in our game. We are aware, probably more so, of what needs to be done in Client 2. He's just posting teaser shots (I actually disagree with the posting since I know how far it is from being finished) for people to look at. Nothing more.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Based on decisions i've seen made in this game by admins i wouldn't be suprised pip...

I understand they are teasers, doesn't mean i can't make a point at what i think looks bad. Thats fine if there is still a long way to go, but because of the lenght of wait and the increased talk on client 2 i thought it was close to finishing by now.. Isn't the deadline months away? They started it years ago..

Anyway i'm going to bed, i'll reply to anything else tommorow, bai.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:19 pm
Main: BlackDiamond
Level: 34

Chill guys, I appreciate all constructive criticism 8)

* Queue playing "~We're all in this together~" *

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

pip8786 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:

Urm.. No, screw you?

Apparently you're under the impression that we can't actually see what is in our game. We are aware, probably more so, of what needs to be done in Client 2. He's just posting teaser shots (I actually disagree with the posting since I know how far it is from being finished) for people to look at. Nothing more.

We all know you can see what we see, but often you can get too close to the project and a fresh set of eyes can help you see things that might have slipped passed you.

It also doesnt hurt to have an idea of what your customer finds visually attractive.

ANd yes, thank you for the screen shots.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 pm
Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2465

I agree with dorin nube .Outcast you lack imagination! Im sure it will look great once it is out and that they would not put huge effort to make something worse then ti is . Only thing that i do not like about it is the way/font/looks of names under the ships . That ruins whole out look .
Thx for the pics good work and show us more!

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 am

Quote:
I agree with dorin nube .Outcast you lack imagination!

I appreciate your support but try not to start fights!

Fonts and background stars will get a complete makeover, we're not blind to these things as pip mentioned.

Quote:
Those look wank. Especially the blue sun, asteriods, wormholes and the ship is horrible.

I'm glad to hear that because the orange suns were the main highlight of those screenshots. :wink: Personally I don't think the Zebu looks so bad but the Anachron does need some touching up, we have been discussing what to do about this, some ships may end up getting a complete do-over.

Jeff should be coming round with a video soon, stay tuned.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 am

About the background, would everyone prefer a nebula-esque texture background like so:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:17 am
Site Admin / PR Admin
Main: The Smiley One
Level: 1733

I like that background.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 2300

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
now THAT looks cool.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

That looks beautiful! The integrated graphics chip on my mobo had an anticipatory heart attack just looking at that thing, but it's beautiful!

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

OMFG awsoms :D,
post a vid pls :3 to see lightin effects.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I like it.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7839

Not bad, looks a bit muddy though. Would suck if it was like that everywhere. Maybe make it change color. From system to system, or whichever star is dominant... I don't know

Here I turned one blue, looks alright imo. Pretty nice texture

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I like that too. I agree with the variety statement. The dominant color should be black/dark blue in most systems.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next