Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: ClientV2 Screenshots
Russell wrote:
Actually that is a huge flaw in SS.

Nothing seems to have been done to make any of the astronomical object remotely scientically accuarate.

If suns are in proximity they will interact. Frankly you may as well put christmas trees there. The whole galaxy thing just advertises that the programmers dont have the remotest idea about astronomy. Even the names are wrong. galaxies should be solar systems, and the universe is a galaxy.

Unless they were trying to immerse a player into being part of the entire existence of the known cosmic? Don't be an ass.

And the fact that it's a game doesn't mean anything to you? So in reality, any avatar that has fur, wings, elf ears, giant swords, or hand held cannons is wrong, and shouldn't be enjoyed because it is inaccurate. According to your logic any way. Like i said, don't be an ass for the sake of being an ass.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Russell wrote:

Nothing seems to have been done to make any of the astronomical object remotely scientically accuarate.

If suns are in proximity they will interact. Frankly you may as well put christmas trees there. The whole galaxy thing just advertises that the programmers dont have the remotest idea about astronomy. Even the names are wrong. galaxies should be solar systems, and the universe is a galaxy.

lol. This is a demo galaxy, and frankly, who cares. Its not that programmers don't know astronomy, its that we choose to ignore it for the sake of the game.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Cmon! I want suns that explode and create black holes when the touch! And while your at it, lets make it so it takes years to travel between galaxies because wormholes don't really exist and you can't travel faster then light speed! Realism guys!

But no. Really, its a game.

I like the 4 4 suns, they look good but the blue sun is kind of blah, doesn't wuite match with the others, in the static shot anyway. Otherwise, the suns look good

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Urm.. Yeah, my opnion still stands..

Sorry for being a dick but..

Those look wank. Especially the blue sun, asteriods, wormholes and the ship is horrible.

.. Yeah.

EDIT - It might be the backround that makes everything look worst, is it? Or is that just me thinking something else looks bad.

I am enjoying all these updates though, great work on that, especially pip, who has kept his word and is doing a great job on those weekly updates. I personally find them all really useful and i'd like to show my gratitude, so.. Well done :D .

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Yeah, the background makes everything else look amateur. And I hope that Anachron isnt the finished product.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

Russell wrote:

I agree here, it would be nice if things were labeled with a bit more thought.

Also could you please post a video of c2 on youtube?

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Main: Shadow Slave
Level: 4478

Not trying to be rude, but it does look much much worse than the current star sonata...

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:10 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

The orange suns in the first picture look great, the blue sun in all of them not so much.

I would still think a Blue sun would give off blue solar flares and a general out glow like the orange suns, only blue ofcourse.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 pm

I stared to long, my eyes started to bleed :(

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Cenutu
Level: 5068

The orange suns look awesome. The blue sun looks like garbage.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:34 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

i hope ships ain't definitive, but this looks like a student project about from 2000 ><

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 am

Those ships look horrible.

They look flat and without any light on them. Try adding some light effects on ships too, also the blue sun looks bad, like someone took a ball and painted it with only dark blue. Try adding some light effects on the blue sun just like how you did on the normal suns, just make the light blue, of course. Also there should be a bigger distance between the astral bodies from a galaxy, for example, look at the Earth from Sol, and then look at the Moon. They look insanely close. and maybe make astral bodies bigger?

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am
Profile YIM
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4921

When i look at this, i think in two different ways.

1st - My first reaction is, "What the hell is this? It's not even worth coming back!"

2nd - My second reaction is "Well, seeing as how this is only a Dev screen shot, i need to stop tripping."

See, i understand where they are coming from.

I kind of feel sorry for BlindSide releasing those screen shots so early in development. None of the ships are of the quality that the 2D ships are.

Seeing as i am making a hobby project (with Klestiko) and we have decided that we don't want to show screen shots of it every step of the way, because criticism comes out way too fast when it comes to things.

Instead of just letting the developer tell you:

"OK, it's finished. Tell me whats wrong."

Anyway, don't feel too bad (to the Dev's), the reaction you are getting is great, it means people care about it.

Maybe if you guys used some Bloom + Blur it would look very nice.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Denoan
Level: 2035

I"d like to see a video of it to get the full effect :P

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Gah! Players have been screaming for screenshots and such for months. Finally, a Dev gives in and shows us something, and he points out that it's not done, it looks much better in motion, and it's only the suns he was working on. What does he get? Criticism of the suns (that I can easily imagine looking better in motion), Criticism of the background (that wasn't the point of his screenies), and Criticism of the ships (which are obviously unfinished "testing" ships).

I really hope the devs are kind enough to post more in-progress shots of their work. If you want to see more, my advice is to just say "Thank you" next time around, assuming there is a next time.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next