Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Get rid of those termites in bio and emp bio on the test server and i am sure the d/c will stop.

Not only do we have Biologique still aggro, but when we do unaggro it the mites are killed in SECONDS. That and the fact that they 1/2ed the amount of termites and made them shoot 4x slower but 4x stronger. The lag that you would see in bio now is merely because our bases are ridiculous and that many lasers causes a shitload of graphical lag.

Ha!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 am

Well i dont care about all the facts and logic. i'll just go with the test voom and me made once.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:12 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Hokage wrote:
Get rid of those termites in bio and emp bio on the test server and i am sure the d/c will stop.

Not only do we have Biologique still aggro, but when we do unaggro it the mites are killed in SECONDS. That and the fact that they 1/2ed the amount of termites and made them shoot 4x slower but 4x stronger. The lag that you would see in bio now is merely because our bases are ridiculous and that many lasers causes a shitload of graphical lag.

Care to unaggro Biologique for good then?

Anyway

Australia =) Western Australia and Australian Capital Territory.

I get disconnected heaps in Western Australia.

Could just be the Wireless though.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 am
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Ha!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Quote:
Temecula, CA
holy shit! i lived in temecula california not long ago...damnit...worlds too fucking small...Jeff! we need an update on RL, the world is a tad small! :lol:

i have seen a lot of lag recently. and i get dissconnected now an then. im in Colorado in the Peyton area,using DSL ,i have to check my internal settings before i can say for sure if its SS related or just my modem bein crappeh to me. though i have never had this sort of problem with other modems iv had...teach me to buy fancy shit.. its a Zoom model 5590 if this holds any significance.

Even smaller, I'm born, raised, and still living in Temecula. Well officially Murrieta, but its all the same.
And I do not experience d/c problems. Using Verizon Fios, Actiontec router.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: Heather Lucretia
Level: 833

Post Region
South Carolina

DSL

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: papisapo
Level: 37

I am in Buford, Ga (Atlanta area) and get horrendous lag and lots of disconnects. All other internet traffic is unnaffected...only SS. I am using Vista and a cable modem (surfboard 3100).

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8164

During most hours, I get disconnected every 30 seconds to 4 minutes. I've tried changing my network registry to delay time-out or accept bigger packages, but that doesn't seem to work. (What size should I be expecting?) I still had the same problem when Jeff told us all to move to test the other day.

A note that should be of interest - I have (close to) no disconnections from 2 am to 9 am (GMT+1, central europe I believe), and then they start again. This has been the case since I started playing SS again a couple of weeks back. Sounds odd to me, since I suppose that's when most US players are online.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Piteå, Sweden (North Sweden) I've had no disconnect problems at all, at any time.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:41 pm
Main: Shock Commander
Level: 8394

so now we pin pointed it cable modems and starsonata not a good mix.

let me refrase that combined packets and cable modem not good mix

http://www.teamunderdawgs.webs.com/

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

I'm using a wireless connection as well - currently facing the unending log in wait of doom, have been for a couple of days.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:01 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8164

I found two ways to solve the problem for me, both concerning the wireless router. I either just toss it overboard and connect the cable directly to my computer. However, if I for example need a long session in the bathroom while still wanting to get those few extra levels, I need to be wireless.

In my router settings, I added the IP my router has given me (changes every few weeks) to the router's DMZ-list to give "free access" to the internet, and that solved the problem too. The IP used is called IPv4, and should be found if you open the status-window for your internet connection, and click 'Information'. The DMZ-list should be on the router settings. The router of course warns you about using this, since you can now get attacked by all sorts of nasty internet-monsters without the mighty firewall of the router to protect you, but any decent software firewall solves that problem.

I tried changing all possible parameters in the router settings, but this was the only thing that worked. Hope this helps someone out there!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 am
Profile WWW