Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4044

I think this is a really bad idea. As the Director of a team that abhors pvp I do not want anything that encourages the player thugs to take pot -shots at my team.

Currently the speading of team aggro is annoying but it limits the thuggery that was becoming common in the bad old days.

Limit pvp to those who want pvp.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 am
Profile YIM
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

I think this is a really bad idea. As the Director of a team that abhors pvp I do not want anything that encourages the player thugs to take pot -shots at my team.

Currently the speading of team aggro is annoying but it limits the thuggery that was becoming common in the bad old days.

Aye, I agree with this.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:41 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7662

I think it sounds pretty good. I would add that if you attack a permanent drone or base anywhere (owned galaxy or not) (edit: or trading slave), you become team enemy, since attacking infrastructure is a serious matter and probably the biggest form of griefing.

current aggro snowball started, when one of Traders tractored by accident a drone belonging to pants in unowned galaxy, that had both Traders and pants drones...

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:30 am
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

That or when Drone Raptor shot me in Goban not knowing that TehGen had a base in there (he shot me because I was being "stealthy" and he could see me :-P )

Ha!

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:55 am
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Russell wrote:

Aye, I agree with this.

You could whore out your glory points for credits and then major PvPers would leave you alone and go for people that would get them glory.

With no Death Debt anymore from PvP, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Just stay sheltered in your gals if you don't want to fight.

urjuhh wrote:
JeffL wrote:
I think it sounds pretty good. I would add that if you attack a permanent drone or base anywhere (owned galaxy or not) (edit: or trading slave), you become team enemy, since attacking infrastructure is a serious matter and probably the biggest form of griefing.

current aggro snowball started, when one of Traders tractored by accident a drone belonging to pants in unowned galaxy, that had both Traders and pants drones...

Don't have tractoring cause team agro. If it just became personal enemy, it wouldn't become as big of a problem. Entire nations don't automatically go to war just because some one moved something.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:04 am

And how do I go to level up when I have some PvPer on my ass non-stop eh?
25866 wrote:
Don't have tractoring cause team agro. If it just became personal enemy, it wouldn't become as big of a problem. Entire nations don't automatically go to war just because some one moved something.
Heh, and let enemies tractor your stationary bases in to a nearby sun? No.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:19 am

Quote:

Get stronger. I'm tired of people whining about how PvP is bad. Go play solitaire.

25866 wrote:

Grunt wrote:

That was aimed at the drones comment. If people are organized enough to take out a single base on their own, it's going to happen. And if they tractored the stationary base in an owned gal it will cause team agro. And I believe HAL said they were going to put a cap on how much damage suns do to shields.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:26 am
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Quote:
25866 wrote:

The damage cap on suns should make that tactic not very effective against bases, and it should be noted that currently tractoring someones base (or anything for that matter) does not cause team hate anyways. However it will make you a personal enemy of the base owner if you aren't on the same squad or team, so that base (and anyone other bases owned by that person) will still shoot you regardless of your intentions of tractoring the base.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:29 am

Get stronger.
If you read my post correctly, you wouldn't have posted this. I am trying to get stronger, but how can I with a PvPer tagging me wherever I go trying to kill me?
25866 wrote:
I'm tired of people whining about how PvP is bad. Go play solitaire.
I didn't say PvP was bad. It's just not for me, and I shouldn't be forced into doing it when this game is mostly advertised for being about space trading. Admins might think of some way to split the base builders and traders from the PvPers, because I don't play the game to be shot by players wherever I go. Also, I don't whine, and don't make the witty comment about playing solitaire, as you can ask most of our team and they all dislike PvP too.

EDIT: Thankyou for telling us HAL.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:40 am

25866 wrote:
Get stronger.
If you read my post correctly, you wouldn't have posted this. I am trying to get stronger, but how can I with a PvPer tagging me wherever I go trying to kill me?
25866 wrote:
I'm tired of people whining about how PvP is bad. Go play solitaire.
I didn't say PvP was bad. It's just not for me, and I shouldn't be forced into doing it when this game is mostly advertised for being about space trading. Admins might think of some way to split the base builders and traders from the PvPers, because I don't play the game to be shot by players wherever I go. Also, I don't whine, and don't make the witty comment about playing solitaire, as you can ask most of our team and they all dislike PvP too.

EDIT: Thankyou for telling us HAL.

I know, our team even advertises as non-PvP. It's not like I go looking for it that often but I don't really try to avoid it either.

I'm just getting tired of people not wanting anyone to touch them. I'm all for PvP rewards.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:55 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I love all these ideas, specially the GG one. Imo if these things are added then there would defenietly be more pvp...

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:56 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Don Juan
Level: 1966

This would allow someone like Minch to go around with impunity attacking players in W3 and only have to worry about that player's bases if they even have any.

This needs one more item added:

If player B is attacked outside of hir team's gal then player B can mark the attacker team enemy. This option only comes up IF player B is attacked first. AND when Player A tries to move thru player B's team gals and is attacked it does NOT snowball to a team level affair. Player B is NOT marked team enemy nor are any of the base owners marked team enemy that fire on player A. This is ONLY between the attacking player and the attacked player and hir team IF player B marked the attacker team enemy after the attack.

I agree with this. There has to be a penalty in being the aggressor. There has to be the danger of being marked a team enemy, and without that team also being marked the aggressor's team enemy, so the aggressor bears the full burden.

I really love the idea and I give it two thumbs up.

BTW, how can it be exploited? I'm going through possible scenarios in my head and I'm not finding an exploit.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:05 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

I agree with this. There has to be a penalty in being the aggressor. There has to be the danger of being marked a team enemy, and without that team also being marked the aggressor's team enemy, so the aggressor bears the full burden.

I really love the idea and I give it two thumbs up.

BTW, how can it be exploited? I'm going through possible scenarios in my head and I'm not finding an exploit.

Why does there have to be a penalty for being an aggressor? That is why PvP barely exists in this game. We should be doing our best to reduce penalties for both aggressor and victims in PvP so that people can actually have fun. Otherwise you just get a team like pants (or toxic before the break up) and you can't attack anyone on their team no matter what because if you do you risk huge portions of the game being to be cut off from you. And don't kid yourself, of course someone is going to mark you team enemy if you just podded them... the only way they wouldn't is if you were smart and just use a stealth ship/class, so that they can't actually see you to mark you.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:14 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next