Level: 2631

Post Re: Oh Em Gee
pokemon 1st-3rd gen are teh best

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The shots of the 3D environment looked kind of crappy.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8924

pokemon in a nutshell

improvements - graphics?
downturn - everything else

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I never played after gen 1 but I have heard that they did improve combat mechanics to not just be about speed in the later generations. Still, the entire conceit of two pokemon sitting in one place and taking turns hitting each other is kind of played out in my opinion.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

lordjeroen wrote:
pokemon in a nutshell

improvements - graphics?
downturn - everything else

The graphics aren't even really better. I prefer well done sprites to shoddy and pixelated 3d.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

I would have expected it to come out for the WiiU.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

What I am most looking forward to is that of the new sprites I have seen they all look pretty decent, and the game has finally gone from the immobile sprite combat system to something more like Colosseum.So, the battle will actually show the Pokemon attacking, dodging, etc... Also, supposedly this version will also be more like Sapphire and Ruby(with almost all of the Pokemon available between the two versions).

I have played all the games that have come out simply for the sake of nostalgia, but this one looks to me like it may actually be good.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 pm
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

anilv wrote:
Still, the entire conceit of two pokemon sitting in one place and taking turns hitting each other is kind of played out in my opinion.

If you want a good fight you have to fight other players. AI will often make some incredibly stupid moves that can mean the difference between your pokemon winning or losing an unfair type match-up, or even an unfair level gap... I've done both.

At any rate, if they're going to add improvements to the series then they definitely need to work on their combat AI.

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Also, supposedly this version will also be more like Sapphire and Ruby(with almost all of the Pokemon available between the two versions).

I have played all the games that have come out simply for the sake of nostalgia, but this one looks to me like it may actually be good.

I've only played one game in every generation, not really into the "gotta buy them all" part. Ruby's my favourite Pokemon game to date as well, but I recently started Black 2 and that just might win me over by the time I'm finished though it'll be a tough competition since it lacks a new generation of Pokemon.

I do think the graphics could be better, but when you're seeing them on the tiny screen of a 3DS(XL) they're probably going to look quite nice. It'll still be much better than what they've churned out since they first made the switch with B/W. Plus, won't this be in 3D also?

I'll also be getting a 3DS XL once the games are closer to release just so I can play them. Getting to encounter a new generation of Pokemon's my favourite aspect of the games (something B/W 2 lack :( ).

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 pm