Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Post Re: Patch Discussion - November 17
The point is not how many you can have charged at once, what the issue is is how inflexible the system is. It does not respond well at all to a curve ball and takes time to make any change in the line up. What if you have 2 Charges charged then realize 2 is not enough and need to drop 4. You want to scoop the 2 and drop 4 new ones but oh....nothing is charged up and your current slots are already taken by other drones either charged up or charging which is also draining your elec for something you no longer need.

It is slow and very unresponsive.

The old system used energy when you used drones and used drones right away exactly when you needed them. There was no delay, no wasted elec and no confusion as to how you would choose. If you need AInf, you would drop AInf. If you need a set of supports with Charges down it was a matter of pressing 4 different hot keys. Now pressing my AInf hotkey does nothing but que all my AInf and eat my energy when I might only want 3 or 4. Therefore I need to go and manually select how many I want to start charging. All of this takes TIME. The selecting, the choosing of how many, the wait well they charge up. Time is an issue.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 am
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

I still think that my drone pool suggestion would fix all these problems. I have yet to hear a single problem with it made apparent.

Handy Link

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 am
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

Lol Drone Charge Limit and stuff is so stupid I laugh about it. This makes DGing harder in such a way I laugh about it too as I'm 10k out in a DG lvl waiting for drones to charge. Unequiping/Equiping and moving around hotkey is also difficult at such a level I find it so retarded I log off my droner, it really is so stupid I laugh about it.

I think I understand the logic behind this, and yes I agree charging drones is something that's going to be helpful for Droners (aka I think it can be a brilliant idea) it's just the charging limit and just trying to equip/unequip is really difficult. 1 thing that would possibly solve this though (Im against it too, but anyway) is to be able to (Titan Drones for noobish example) Equip x6 Titan Drones > let them charge full > unequip and they remain charged, but cannot be deployed as they're unequiped. But when you want to use them, you just equip them and as they've already been charged you can deploy them straight away!

I still think C2 is epic though!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 am
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

Jey123456 wrote:
just how many drones do you carry O_o.... right now, you could equip 2 charges, a full set of bfd, 5 inferno and 5 ambush....

There are plans to make it a bit more friendly, like reequiping your drone when you scoop them. equiping one of your unequiped drones of the same type when you deploy. things like that.

Admins also noted that no limit would be abusable for someone flying arround ahveing 1k permda drones preequiped.. valid point.

Therefore i suggest a flat cap of 30 or 50 drones as cap for all ship types.
(cause i think the major preadvantage comes from the precahrging of first 6 drones, after that we face a elec issue, so there is nothing that cant be abused with 30 dornes what we coudlnt with 12.. cause i simply think that rescooping the second set of drones can be only done after the first 6 are charged again, cause if not u dont have elec to scoop them ;D)
Ive tried on my BS with 1,1k eelc inbuild redeploying charge dornes fast for abusable potential testing and i ran into issues elec-scooping wise quite fast lol

Comments? suggestions?

PS thx for the 50% increase ;D !! yey win win i love it.. my Battle Sphere can now have 15 drones..

Anyways yay ive usually 6 armadas, 6 ambushes, 6 MMDs, .. etc.
i never use them all but form the "loot transfer all" point of view id like to have those that i want on the ship simply equiped.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Chaosking3 wrote:
The point is not how many you can have charged at once, what the issue is is how inflexible the system is. It does not respond well at all to a curve ball and takes time to make any change in the line up. What if you have 2 Charges charged then realize 2 is not enough and need to drop 4. You want to scoop the 2 and drop 4 new ones but oh....nothing is charged up and your current slots are already taken by other drones either charged up or charging which is also draining your elec for something you no longer need.

It is slow and very unresponsive.

The old system used energy when you used drones and used drones right away exactly when you needed them. There was no delay, no wasted elec and no confusion as to how you would choose. If you need AInf, you would drop AInf. If you need a set of supports with Charges down it was a matter of pressing 4 different hot keys. Now pressing my AInf hotkey does nothing but que all my AInf and eat my energy when I might only want 3 or 4. Therefore I need to go and manually select how many I want to start charging. All of this takes TIME. The selecting, the choosing of how many, the wait well they charge up. Time is an issue.

Hotkeys, what i do on my lowbie droner(not completely comparable but still) is that i equip 4 magics, 2 ghostly magics, 4ares, 2 mobile lightning. However i also got more of most of those drones, so, to switch drones i dont have to use mouse at all. What i do is lay the magics, to not lose much shield(which i dont anyway) and then immediately hotkey what i want to use next. When the next is charged i scoop the magics, but they dont reequip since there's no slots. Drone charging is NOT a nerf, it can make stuff a lot easyer when you know how to use it.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:11 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

There's a difference between being a noob and being end-game, as there are a lot more curveballs end-game that require quick thinking. Like trying to solo primal rhino and finding out that he's regen/damage augged when he goes into "burst regen" mode. Shit hits the fan, and the last thing an engineer needs is to lose 10bil in drones for not being able to clairvoyantly estimate all the factors involved in a particular boss fight (which is impossible, thanks to the nature of Augs).

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:48 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

biggee531 wrote:
There's a difference between being a noob and being end-game, as there are a lot more curveballs end-game that require quick thinking. Like trying to solo primal rhino and finding out that he's regen/damage augged when he goes into "burst regen" mode. Shit hits the fan, and the last thing an engineer needs is to lose 10bil in drones for not being able to clairvoyantly estimate all the factors involved in a particular boss fight (which is impossible, thanks to the nature of Augs).

Well you are a "support" class, and in my opinion you shouldn't be soloing anything endgame! But that is an argument for another day in another thread.

I like the new chat box updates, still a problem with it randomly closing in the middle of typing sometimes ?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 am

Madridista wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

Well you are a "support" class, and in my opinion you shouldn't be soloing anything endgame! But that is an argument for another day in another thread.

I like the new chat box updates, still a problem with it randomly closing in the middle of typing sometimes ?

By this logic, the only classes that should be able to solo anything is Zerkers and Snipers. This calls for a nerf across the board so that no one else can solo ubers!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Shinsei!! N1 for all these update notes! in very short time also <3

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

biggee531 wrote:
Madridista wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

By this logic, the only classes that should be able to solo anything is Zerkers and Snipers. This calls for a nerf across the board so that no one else can solo ubers!

Well, that was the logic used by admins for the last set of engineer nerfs, they don't want engis to be a major combat class.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

A big fix for this would be to remove charging times (instant charge, if you have the needed bank I am not sure why this would be bad) and make it so we can make 2 sets of hotkeys. Say I press 6 and 1 of my AInf begins charging. I press 6 three more times and 4 AInf are charged. Then I hit 2 four times and all 4 of them drop with no more being made to begin charging.

Also, this is 100% off topic for the drone charging issue.

Can we have the option back to Transfer to base, Transfer some to base, Transfer to ship, Transfer some to ship. It was a good cut around when you knew exactly what you wanted to do.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Cygnus wrote:
I still think that my drone pool suggestion would fix all these problems. I have yet to hear a single problem with it made apparent.

Handy Link

no, check my link ^_^

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=48720

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

biggee531 wrote:
Madridista wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

What yugioh said. Also, surely a voice of reason like yourself must agree that cruising around with mass heals, mass dps and mass aura drones and being able to chop and change at will was over powered for a so-called "Support" class?

It's a versatile class, and I have no problem with the power of drones (it justifies the cost). But something (charging) was definitely needed to nerf the effectiveness of Engineer a little bit. You can still solo everything!! Just takes a bit longer and maybe a touch of luck.

/signed to charging!
Old system > sniper needs 10 minutes, zerker needs a monkey, engineer needs his hotkeys.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:20 pm

You can gear a sniper for what it would cost to lose 1 set of drones and never lose those weapons. Then you just sit AFK in a boss room building SA, killing it within 10 seconds once SA is full. Balance.

So where are the nerfs to the other classes? Riggghttt. Now you don't lose anything, and can't ever lose anything again. Whereas engineer still has the potential to lose 100x more than any other class in one death. Cool story bro.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:57 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Drone Generator or Drone stasis or Drone cooldown + colo mechanism. Something to let droners not panic after they die, and to allow them to be much more aggressive in fights. Losing up to 15b in drones where the next largest death is 2.4b is excessively bad for balance and keeping players.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next