Post Destroyed Bases = Gay
if we destroy a base to own a gal, we cant own that al for like 3 days, kinda ruins a surprise attack RIGHT.

ITs fucking gay! Change it back!

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:30 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:35 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I think the Abandoned and Destroyed base system is much better than previously. However, bases should become abandoned after being destroyed for 48 hours and after only around 4 hours if no workers or rations are present on the base.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

When you kill a base the base should be gone..

Especially if your in war or something ..

I think the destroyed base thing should only happen when ai attack and kill the bases or something..

Not when people kill bases..

-Minch-

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Post Re: Destroyed Bases = Gay
Bubonic Plague wrote:
if we destroy a base to own a gal, we cant own that al for like 3 days, kinda ruins a surprise attack RIGHT.

ITs fucking gay! Change it back!

or even longer if someone else docks in a abandoned base

i think the time that a base is destroyed without being abandoned should be based on the tech, like tech 0 bases last for 1 hour, tech 2-6 last for 2 hours, tech 9 lasts for 5 hours, tech 12 lasts for 10 hours, tech 14 lasts for 15 hours, tech 16 lasts for 20 hours, tech 18 lasts for 30 hours, tech 20 lasts for 48 hours.

also,if someone docks and caps a abandoned base, it should take the same amount of time to become abandoned again than it does when no one caps it(docks in it).

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm
Team: oVo's Sanctuary
Main: .,+*"I.+**oVo**+.I"*+,.
Level: 2793

I strongly disagree with your timing, why should someone say with a tech 9 / tech 12 bases (Which are only buildable with P2P) get such a short time period to "save" his base ?

This would completely defeat the object ?? Someone from USA in usa day time kills a base from a european player, this player probaly wont be even on for 12 hours to even see it, by then his base is abandonded and destroyed a LONG time ago, that is just wrong, and should not be allowed......

Although, i do agree that the time a base is allowed to be in "destroyed mode" should be roughly based on tech, but starting from an absolout bare minimum of 12-16 hours for any base buildable only by a P2P player.

-OvO

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:13 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

I strongly disagree with your timing, why should someone say with a tech 9 / tech 12 bases (Which are only buildable with P2P) get such a short time period to "save" his base ?

Just like Drones, thats the risk you run.

And It could be argued like that with drones, Why should you be given 0 chance to save an AD drone from some team attacking when your asleep?

It's an online game, and what works for some will never work for others, thats the disadvantage to an online game sadly :(. The one thing I want changed though is uber spawns, it's not fair they only spawn US time.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:07 am
Team: oVo's Sanctuary
Main: .,+*"I.+**oVo**+.I"*+,.
Level: 2793

Fleet it is NO WAY in context what you just said, to my dispute with the time of bases being recoverable by the owner!
Why should a person who has tech 20 base get 48 hours (2 days) days to "save" his shit, and a person who has only tech 9/12 bases get-10 hours (1/4 of a day)? People have lives you know and are not constantly wired in SS....
What kinda bullshit are you trying to put across about drones ?? That has nothing to do with the dispute i made about using time under 12 hours for bases to be recoverable by owner...

Please read what i write b4 you start writing crap.

-OvO

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: The man of an idiot
Level: 532

Fleet it is NO WAY in context what you just said, to my dispute with the time of bases being recoverable by the owner!
Why should a person who has tech 20 base get 48 hours (2 days) days to "save" his shit, and a person who has only tech 9/12 bases get-10 hours (1/4 of a day)? People have lives you know and are not constantly wired in SS....
What kinda bullshit are you trying to put across about drones ?? That has nothing to do with the dispute i made about using time under 12 hours for bases to be recoverable by owner...

Please read what i write b4 you start writing crap.

-OvO

Wow colored writing for emotional levels nice..... ^_^

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:21 am
Team:
Main: Sapph
Level: 918

i say that if you destroy all the bases in that galaxy then that galaxy should lose its owned status, this will have the effect of tougher to kill bases, thenn the attackking team/another team can then move in, if they then want, they can own it. the outed team then has say a week to remove their items....

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:24 am