Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Post How to balance classes
Nerf sniper, remove anal

Beef zerker damage to do more dps than snipers, add -range to class

Give zerk -thorax charging time

Nerf engi's radar to shit, snipers are easily seen and seers can't even ping. Or get close, engi is a non mobile, tanky and high damage class (drones)

Add tons of charge time to acharges (the survivability of an engi is ridiculous)

Add an extremely OP LF Recon only OL (ONLY WORKS IN OLY, KIDD, ECT that gives 100% shields +150% damage 150% rof -80% tempering and 100% range. Why? To make recon usble in oly, numbers are just a vague idea. The idea is to give them the tankiness, supportability, range damage and rof it needs in order to better emulate the dps from a
normal class. Nanites just aren't interesting to anyone

Add gunner missile generator (gunner only)and
fighter generator (fc only) to the dread and ef serie

Make an OP seer line of ships tech 9-19 like the dreads, with +shields, radar, crit rate, and inbuilt crit rate. Along with an OP energy and lazer damp for dging. Because seer is horrid mid game.

Add armor penetration to recon class, scaled not to effect anything with under 30% resits

Give seer lifesteal for 50% of the base damage dealt

Give SDs a .% of lifesteal aswell

Give fleet commander -resists laser with a -resist side effect to self.

Give fleet focus a grem/physical crit dampener, so they are more resilient in battle.

Give gunner a -speed tractor like the green battleships, extremely high elec use.

Should fix a lot of the major problems I've been seeing for PvP and pvai

Thoughts?

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Last edited by Bastamental on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xantra
Level: 4653

Post Re: How to balance classes
You forgot to fix SD's elec/damage issues.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

All I read: OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

xantra wrote:
You forgot to fix SD's elec/damage issues.

Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about SD

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

There is too much lol in your suggestion for the sensible bits to be taken seriously.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:31 pm

anilv wrote:
There is too much lol in your suggestion for the sensible bits to be taken seriously.

Pls tell

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 pm
over 9000!

No, that's the point. It's not my job to sift through your post to find the good parts. It's your job to post the good parts and gtfo with the nonsense.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

anilv wrote:
No, that's the point. It's not my job to sift through your post to find the good parts. It's your job to post the good parts and gtfo with the nonsense.

Yes it is your job, its called suggestion. Your basicly derailing a topic by rejecting opinion. If you have nothing to say, then just don't say it your a mod, you should know that.

Edited: damn autocorrect

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:

Last edited by Bastamental on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

anilv wrote:

Most of your post is incredibly...ridiculous? Offer actual ideas, not horrible patch jobs that would result in unbalance.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm
over 9000!

Let's do step one together. "Nerf sniper, remove analysis" would leave Sniper where it was before it was beefed (i.e. horribly underpowered). You can't possible expect to be taken seriously when you lead off with a stinker like that.

I don't expect to agree with everyone someone posts in a suggestion but yours is so riddled with nonsensical ideas (see above) and laughably overpowered/unbalanced stuff (the Recon OL) that it's really not worth anyone's time to see if the ideas in between are worth anything.

Next time you make a suggestion, maybe try not to start from the position: "I want to do XYZ with my character but ABC prevents me" and think a little about actual balance... if that is possible for you.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

Bastamental wrote:
Nerf sniper, remove anal

Analysis should be removed, sniper should get half of that bonus in their class skills. The class itself is working as Jeff wants it, and it isn't working badly.

Beef zerker damage to do more dps than snipers, add -range to class

Berserker is great as a control and tank class, it just needs content that requires berserkers to be a part of a squad, and that snipers can't take their role.

Nerf engi's radar to shit, snipers are easily seen and seers can't even ping. Or get close, engi is a non mobile, tanky and high damage class (drones)

Engineer is a class, drone mastery is a class skill. The fact that an engineer with powerful drones that are deployed counters seers is just fine. Snipers nowadays carry PWIs and Bloodstained Ares Sappers, they have no issues with engineers with drones.

Add tons of charge time to acharges (the survivability of an engi is ridiculous)

This isn't because of Armada Charges, this is because of their resistance to damage... You obviously didn't play much when T20 was around.

Add an extremely OP LF Recon only OL (ONLY WORKS IN OLY, KIDD, ECT that gives 100% shields +150% damage 150% rof -80% tempering and 100% range. Why? To make recon usble in oly, numbers are just a vague idea. The idea is to give them the tankiness, supportability, range damage and rof it needs in order to better emulate the dps from a
normal class. Nanites just aren't interesting to anyone

Light fighters doesn't only have issues in certain zones, it is an overall issue that they hardly have any place in most squad based zones. Your idea isn't exactly a solution. And I am pretty sure that someone will break nanites sooner or later.

Add gunner missile generator (gunner only)and
fighter generator (fc only) to the dread and ef serie

Fighter production and missile production is fine, I have no idea why you want it changed. The idea of producing something from your own materials and then using it to produce warfare equipment is great.

Make an OP seer line of ships tech 9-19 like the dreads, with +shields, radar, crit rate, and inbuilt crit rate. Along with an OP energy and lazer damp for dging. Because seer is horrid mid game.

Seer isn't horrid mid-game. Nabaco demonstrated the exact opposite.

Add armor penetration to recon class, scaled not to effect anything with under 30% resits

You throw out simple ideas without seeing anything in a bigger picture, you have a lot to learn.

Give seer lifesteal for 50% of the base damage dealt

So you can use self-damaging weapons more effectively without resistance augmenters? Again, see the above point.

Give SDs a .% of lifesteal aswell

Speed demons aren't meant to get hit, they are meant to dodge and do multiple, fast - but small - attacks. They don't need any lifesteal.

Give fleet commander -resists laser with a -resist side effect to self.

Fleet commander is already one of the best classes in the game, what it needs is just to have RadEx fixed and some fleet commander only slaves, not something like this.

Give fleet focus a grem/physical crit dampener, so they are more resilient in battle.

I am pretty sure you can't diffuse grem, and capital ships already have high critical hit resistances.

Give gunner a -speed tractor like the green battleships, extremely high elec use.

Your final point, and it is interesting to note that I suggested exactly this when Jeff asked for more content ideas (and Cygnus' had his Reach of Prometheus added!). I always liked the idea, so I agree with this idea. It doesn't "fix" and major problem.

Should fix a lot of the major problems I've been seeing for PvP and pvai

Thoughts?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 pm

That OL makes the most sence out of everything, its made to allow recon to dps on the same lvl as a sniper or such on an oly run. Yea the remove anal part wasnt thought out, but sniper does need a nerd.

Just remove topic...

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:19 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

While we are at it can be give all other classes an OP OL that adds normal OL stats +300% speed/thrust/turning?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

Yes to FC - gremlin
No to all else. And sniper is fine, the only thing I could think of as a need would be + more elec temp but that'd be stupid

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4893

Just to let you know that your suggested gunner changes do nothing to help gunners problems with scaling, damage diversity, or use in uber runs.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:46 pm