Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Post F2p to p2p promo ideas
I'm bored, thought this might help jeffums L

Q: what would be an item/unique gear/xp bonus period/ free month sub/ etc that would convince you, personally, to go f2p to p2p if you were/are in such a situation?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Post Re: F2p to p2p promo ideas
unique gear= t21 gear at the moment, Since ss wasn't built on a model of different gear for p2p's only way is to add more gear in future as p2p only. Once t22 gear comes out there will be another step f2p can't get.

As for experience, a temporary boost sounds cool. But I doubt many would actually choose that for a reason to p2p.

Free month doesn't really work unless you're implying a buy 1 month get 1 month free one time only thing

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:11 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

a jedi master wrote:
unique gear= t21 gear at the moment, Since ss wasn't built on a model of different gear for p2p's only way is to add more gear in future as p2p only. Once t22 gear comes out there will be another step f2p can't get.

As for experience, a temporary boost sounds cool. But I doubt many would actually choose that for a reason to p2p.

Free month doesn't really work unless you're implying a buy 1 month get 1 month free one time only thing

I think a temporary exp. boost and an extra 2 weeks on the accounts first p2p sub would be a cool incentive. Items risk being lame, every likes free time on paid games!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Something along the lines of either an xp tithe from f2ps so they don't get as much therefore going p2p means faster leveling. Or some sort of low lvled (0-15) p2p only items that make leveling easier. Or some sort of special visual effect only p2ps can get... or maybe a star next to your name? :P

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:11 am
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 4307

/me agrees with camsy perhaps 30-50% less experiance per kill as f2p would be a massive incentive to go p2p

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 pm
Main: TARDIS
Level: 194

I'm 41 f2p now.. and I don't think the xp is that bad since well i'm still exploring and still trying to get a feel for the game..
having an exp boost is a 'meh' type of thing..
Actually, credits is a problem for me as things get expensive when you're new to the game.. so having a bonus multiplier along with the xp would be a nice incentive..

one aspect that can be a perk of being p2p is reduced death stasis time.
I can't imagine how many times I've died so far as a new player and i'd have to force afk until my ship yellow stasis again.

another one could be less aggro from ai's / reduced time for aggro to clear from a galaxy... like every time I go into free market, these butt holes in tears start shooting at me. Although that would be funny if you make an ai mob that specifically hunts f2pers. :P

would probably have more ideas as I continue testing the waters..

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:44 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Not bad ideas for lower leveled players. But I know from talking to some of the RSI team members (guys who are already like over lvl 600) that money isn't an issue, neither is respawn time. They're hooked on the game already so taking something away wont make them quit. However if after lvl 500 they started loosing xp per level. They would indeed want to become p2p.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:42 am
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2388

One thing I'm seeing from the new players is they're beginning to realize that it's really hard to get certain things built and get a cohesive team galaxy going in celestial gardens. (Consider the EF line of ship builds for instance).

When you lack lots of good space oats/ metals/ etc. planets, building and setting up colonies becomes really tough. I like how f2ps get the taste of building and colonies, but really can't follow through in celestial gardens.

I'd suggest new low to mid level gear bps (possibly even with team bonuses like the team tug of war tractors, but useful) that would take a real team effort and lots of basic commods (and possibly p2p bases to equip?). If someone on a predominantly f2p team goes p2p and the team builds in wild space, it's a neat experience for the f2ps and hopefully would encourage some to sub.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Lovebane wrote:
having an exp boost is a 'meh' type of thing..

Actually, credits is a problem for me as things get expensive when you're new to the game.. so having a bonus multiplier along with the xp would be a nice incentive..

one aspect that can be a perk of being p2p is reduced death stasis time.

every time I go into free market, these butt holes in tears start shooting at me

well #1: experience boost is a lot bigger deal than you think

#2: stasis depends on the regenerative capacity of your shield, you get yellow stasis when your shield is regenerated. This probably isn't going to change.

#3: ai like tears stop attacking you once you reach a certain level, and although less ai aggro would be a cool idea, the idea that you can be attacked at any moment gives star sonata that homey feel we all love :D

Aggro needs to be re-examined in many ways in my opinion. But anyways, money boost as a p2p wouldn't really change anything except make everything more expensive, only affecting the f2p and being an annoying change to the p2p. I'm thinking exp boost.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

This game is a money hole until you get a uber uber finalized setup (which rarely happens depending on your standards).

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 am

Maybe a signing bonus of 500m or summat? lol.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

What about a really solid(borderline broken) ship that's the equivalent of your piloting level(max tech 18? not sure) and basic augs for it for subbing your first time? It would basically be like a "professional" starter kit, which includes a pack of neurobound augs that can cover every class, plus the ship itself which would pretty much always be an upgrade for F2P's.

Either that or make most ships P2P only.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

Deffo need to limit XP after a certain point .. possibly money making etc too.

I honestly don't see much incentive to go P2P, I've spoken to a lot of new players and the general response is "I'll just see how f2p goes for a while", this turning out to be months likely.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:41 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Here are some promo ideas: UZ, Olympus, T20+ skills, building in Wild Space.

Oh yeah, those are in already. The point is not to badger new freemium players into paying their first sub. The point is to get them hooked on what makes Star Sonata great, and when they have finally exhausted the content that's been made available to them, they'll be more than happy to pay for the rest. We wanted dedicated, long-term subscribers, not people who pay for a month and are never seen again.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:30 pm
Team: The A Team
Main: Marfia Bouncer
Level: 162

Just thought I'd give some input. Especially as my team is 99% new players. Most of the players on my team have made it to 200, and look like they will slowly continue leveling until they get bored and for most of them, quit. On the other hand, several of my team mates have made it past lvl 600 and one guy (plorksickle) has already made it over 1000. These faster leveling guys are the ones that have/will go p2p imo as they are hooked onto the game (enough to play for 20hrs a day).

All I really want to add is that at the current stage, there really isn't enough reason to go p2p.

@Anilv, your right, you don't want to pressure new players into paying for the game right away, but it is those people who would normally pay 1 sub and then quit that you ahve to work on. You got to think of a way to make them stick around.

One idea is maybe letting f2ps only get their class skills to lvl 10?

Join Reddit Space Invaders today!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:10 am