Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Post Re: Gunner
New Idea: Interceptor Missiles. Automatically launch themselves at enemy projectiles. Needs a special launcher that can be constructed through research. These cannot be stacked. The missile factory would also be high-end DG loot.

Capital Interceptor Missile Launcher Core - T10, 50 size.
2 missiles per second. 1 missile active at a time. 500 range. 100 damage.

Capital Interceptor Missile Launcher Prototype - T13, 75 size.
4 missiles per second. 2 missiles active at a time. 450 range. 200 damage.

Capital Interceptor Missile Launcher - T18, 100 size.
8 missiles per second. 4 missiles active at a time. 400 range. 350 damage.

Advanced Capital Interceptor Missile Launcher - T20, 150 size.
16 missiles per second. 8 missiles active at a time. 350 range. 500 damage.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Masterful on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

I dunno, the ability to spew out 8 missiles(advanced) and stop 8 shots worth of damage seems pretty broken imo...

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:51 am

Mail wrote:
I dunno, the ability to spew out 8 missiles(advanced) and stop 8 shots worth of damage seems pretty broken imo...

Time Warp

It wouldn't really work in PvP, as it doesn't affect beams, and would only have a real use in PvE situations. Might make for some interesting gunner use in uber runs.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 am
Content Dev
Main: s_m_w
Level: 1512

Just want to throw something out there: Jeff recently added a feature that allows AI to use super items automatically. There's still a slight problem, but things like PWI missiles and missiles launching missiles should be possible in the future(tm)

Get the Beta Client here and test new features and changes on the test server

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 pm
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Griffin wrote:
Zerk can both tank and outdps any class. Sniper can provide near the Zerk's dps, has stealth and range.

Any sniper who can be called a sniper can, with full sniper analysis, put out about 3-4 times the DPS a Berserker can. Berserker comes nowhere near close the DPS that a Sniper can put out.

For anything else in this thread, I hope that Gunners can take its rightful place when PvB increases one day (hopefully). Apart from that I support most suggestions put out by experienced Gunners in this game.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

The Lost One wrote:
Griffin wrote:
Zerk can both tank and outdps any class. Sniper can provide near the Zerk's dps, has stealth and range.

Any sniper who can be called a sniper can, with full sniper analysis, put out about 3-4 times the DPS a Berserker can. Berserker comes nowhere near close the DPS that a Sniper can put out.

I knew I wasn't crazy! I said that too but ppl said it was only 1.5 times =P

But yes plz, change gunners so I can finally have an excuse to make one.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:14 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Sniper has more dps than any zerk in game. Once SA starts kicking in, of course.

Revised thoughts:
1. Missiles:
Kinetic Missile Base(A), Active Launcher/Bay ability(B), reduced Missile Mastery effect(C).
A: All missiles use the Kinetic Missile Design. Much reduced ability to spam. Missiles require range(to build up speed) to max out damage potential.
B: (Client 2). Missile Launchers/Fighter Bays can be switched to Active, and automatically fire off Missiles/Fighters as the slots allow, and presuming, the target is still alive.
C: Missiles, and Missile Mastery skill would get an overall nerf to actual damage per missile. Will be explained further on.

2. The Big Guns:
Physical Intimidation(A), Class Skills(B), Capital Punch(C)
A: Gunners should use big, imposing weapons. Not big as in 500 size, but big as in graphical size. ACAL-size lasers, Titan Torp-size torpedoes, and Adonis Pulse Gun-size pulses.
B: Class skills should give a total +100% damage buff to gunners, spread out over the subskills. The idea is to do the damage of MF4 weapons, but 2 weapons, each hitting as if it was 2 weapons that made up each of the two weapons!
C: The class damage bonus would only be for use in a capital ship. Secondary hull bonuses would stay put.

3. "Aggressive" Capital Ships
Hybrid Capital(A), Revision of the role(B), Reaver+(C)
A: Heavy Fighters, classified as capital ships. Resists would be equal, with a slight mining weakness throughout. CS's based on the Shrimp, Zebra, Rosy, and Parsley would be the first of the series.
B: Gunners would be seen as a third Primary DPS class, like Zerk and Sniper. Their resists would make them suitable as a Secondary Tank, like FC.
C: The Reaver+ would be changed to Capital Ship. All stats identical to current ship.

4. Debuffs for the Anti-Buff Class
Debuff Generators(A), Destruction(B), Missiles(C)
A: In place of aura generators, would be items that change the default debuff to the selected specialized debuff. Unequipping the equipped generator resets the debuff back to default.
B: The -Resists of the Destruction effect is the default Debuff.
C: Certain missiles may have a debuff(slight) associated with them. All debuffs on the missiles stack with identical debuffs(if exists) from an equipped generator, but will take out of overall DPS potential from the gunner.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

ME GUSTA

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

The Lost One wrote:
Griffin wrote:

For anything else in this thread, I hope that Gunners can take its rightful place when PvB increases one day (hopefully). Apart from that I support most suggestions put out by experienced Gunners in this game.

Snoper has to wait 10 minutes to do it though.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 am

s_m_w wrote:
Just want to throw something out there: Jeff recently added a feature that allows AI to use super items automatically. There's still a slight problem, but things like PWI missiles and missiles launching missiles should be possible in the future(tm)

Missile Platforms? A favourite of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe-2slh4 ... re=related

Also, I was thinking. If Gunner is supposed to provide de-buff, why not give it an aura which jams Sniper analysis, and prevents it from building up?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 am
Main: Xenodread
Level: 2605

/bump
Admin/Dev response on churchy's idea?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm
Main: Xenodread
Level: 2605

Bump
Don't forget the gunners.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

treygrey1 wrote:
Bump
Don't forget the gunners.

Who?

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:08 pm
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

I have but 1 request, make gunners useful in oly runs! And if that's too hard for you to do, give us gunners a different way to get t21 skills.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:20 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Revised thoughts:
1. Missiles:
Kinetic Missile Base(A), Active Launcher/Bay ability(B), reduced Missile Mastery effect(C).
A: All missiles use the Kinetic Missile Design. Much reduced ability to spam. Missiles require range(to build up speed) to max out damage potential.
B: (Client 2). Missile Launchers/Fighter Bays can be switched to Active, and automatically fire off Missiles/Fighters as the slots allow, and presuming, the target is still alive.
C: Missiles, and Missile Mastery skill would get an overall nerf to actual damage per missile. Will be explained further on.

2. The Big Guns:
Physical Intimidation(A), Class Skills(B), Capital Punch(C)
A: Gunners should use big, imposing weapons. Not big as in 500 size, but big as in graphical size. ACAL-size lasers, Titan Torp-size torpedoes, and Adonis Pulse Gun-size pulses.
B: Class skills should give a total +100% damage buff to gunners, spread out over the subskills. The idea is to do the damage of MF4 weapons, but 2 weapons, each hitting as if it was 2 weapons that made up each of the two weapons!
C: The class damage bonus would only be for use in a capital ship. Secondary hull bonuses would stay put.

3. "Aggressive" Capital Ships
Hybrid Capital(A), Revision of the role(B), Reaver+(C)
A: Heavy Fighters, classified as capital ships. Resists would be equal, with a slight mining weakness throughout. CS's based on the Shrimp, Zebra, Rosy, and Parsley would be the first of the series.
B: Gunners would be seen as a third Primary DPS class, like Zerk and Sniper. Their resists would make them suitable as a Secondary Tank, like FC.
C: The Reaver+ would be changed to Capital Ship. All stats identical to current ship.

4. Debuffs for the Anti-Buff Class
Debuff Generators(A), Destruction(B), Missiles(C)
A: In place of aura generators, would be items that change the default debuff to the selected specialized debuff. Unequipping the equipped generator resets the debuff back to default.
B: The -Resists of the Destruction effect is the default Debuff.
C: Certain missiles may have a debuff(slight) associated with them. All debuffs on the missiles stack with identical debuffs(if exists) from an equipped generator, but will take out of overall DPS potential from the gunner.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next