Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Post Re: Finally finished the FIRST lap of the Micron Race Course
Micron is absolutely fine how it is. If anything, a second way to get engines 20 should be implemented for the slow geezers like bone. But it should be twice as annoying, and very commod/credit intensive.

I'm thinking of a timed mission transporting dark lead from one end of EF space to the other (which is like 60 jumps atm.) Then from paxius to EOTU to nexus to Iq'Bana and a few other stops too. Then you ask for one of each kind of bar (plat,gold,etc) a dement, random colo commods, an itemform SBAI, and an Adv. Sup. Racer Aug.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

The only issue I have with micron is the course is very randomly laid out. Usually on a race track there's an... actual race track! There should be flags or markers or beacons or something that point you in the correct direction to go. Other than that, I recently did micron for engine 20 on a berzerker, and with an appropriate ship there's very little piloting skill involved. You just have to have something that goes really fast. Higher levels of aug tweaking, good speed augs, a fast ship, and a travel field of some sort make completing the actual race a cake walk once you learn (or remember) how the course is laid out. While the drones that slow you down are pretty hard to see, I think that's by design, and there aren't too many of them so it's fine.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 am
Main: Xenodread
Level: 2605

I got engines 20 using AP and a hitchiker tractor. It's not hard at all.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4044

Visorak wrote:
Micron is absolutely fine how it is. If anything, a second way to get engines 20 should be implemented for the slow geezers like bone. But it should be twice as annoying, and very commod/credit intensive.

I'm thinking of a timed mission transporting dark lead from one end of EF space to the other (which is like 60 jumps atm.) Then from paxius to EOTU to nexus to Iq'Bana and a few other stops too. Then you ask for one of each kind of bar (plat,gold,etc) a dement, random colo commods, an itemform SBAI, and an Adv. Sup. Racer Aug.

And you reason for penalising such people is?

Or is it thatyou just like to discriminate against people with disabilities

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:46 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

I got engine 20 with no handel bars :p

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Russell wrote:
Visorak wrote:

Ok, first off, you know damn well he isn't discriminating against people with disabilities. What the fuck does that have to do with this anyway? If you have something to say, then make an argument for it instead of some passive-agressive dick comment.

Secondly, you can't child proof everything. That's what got this game into such sorry shape as it is right now.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 pm

You is mad.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm
Main: Llessur
Level: 4044

treygrey1 wrote:
Russell wrote:
Visorak wrote:

Ok, first off, you know damn well he isn't discriminating against people with disabilities. What the fuck does that have to do with this anyway? If you have something to say, then make an argument for it instead of some passive-agressive dick comment.

Secondly, you can't child proof everything. That's what got this game into such sorry shape as it is right now.

Actually drongo it is,
if you have an alternative that takes longer and is more expensive then you a discriminating.

Secondly dont act like an arrogentl little twit, grow up.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile YIM

Once you stop throwing false accusations around and realize that sometimes people need to actually work for something instead of having it handed to them.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:56 pm

kanescreed wrote:
You is mad.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm always mad. I just suppress it.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Russell wrote:
Actually drongo it is,
if you have an alternative that takes longer and is more expensive then you a discriminating.

Secondly dont act like an arrogentl little twit, grow up.
Micron is the easy alternative. If someone gets stuck and can't complete the race, then they can choose to do the long, hard and expensive mission that takes them all the way across the uni.

Tbh, the micron races are annoying. I don't see why any alternate route to a skill should be any faster or easier than the main route.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Gold/plat bars and annoying hauling missions. Tags so they actually take a few days to complete. The one good point Russell makes is that the skills involved in getting Engines 20 (easy as they may come to most players) are not strictly required in the rest of the game.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:25 pm
Main: Jacrel
Level: 1969

At least you finished it I am still trying lol and gladly my neighbors are too loud to hear me :)

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

The Hell? I do micron in a hotrod, all 20 levels of it, every time. 5x basic speed. Nothing else.

If you had even a tech 10 ship with speed augs you could practically AP the whole damn thing, it's not like it's hard. Heck, Helicopter Game is about 100 times harder than it is.

If this is seriously all you have to whine about, you're doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

And finally, I can understand that you might not be a touch typer, but it doesn't take touch typing to fly your bloody ship. If you have to look down every time to find your bloody WASD keys, then again, you're doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

/sarcasm

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next